Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. some people got their bike by loaning, paying cash, I got mine a different way.

It's a story about the greatest person on Earth, my Dad.

It all started last year, at the motorcycle show here in montréal. I fell in love with a kawasaki ninja zx-6r 636 magma red.

Often would you hear me quote a famous movie '' one day she will be mine. Oh Yeah, one day she will be mine''

In august of same year (2005), my dad learned a very bad news. Two tumors were preventing him from eating properly. He had hiccups for six months prior to the news. All the doctor (generalist?) could say is '' here, take these hiccup pills it's nothing serious''. Until he was losing a pound a day. The doctors told him he wouldn't pass the summer.

He started chemiotherapy almost immediately. Stopped working (I kinda took his place at work, he was the boss.) and took a loan on his life insurance to have some good time before the end of the road.

So that's it for the background. In september, He contacted my girlfriend and asked her about my favorite motorcycle. She knew it of course, but to be sure, she tried to contact my best friend, my ''ride buddy''. He hesitated between the new r6 2006 that was about to come out, but my dad told him he wanted me to have it now.

So I'm at work, all happy because I'm going at the restaurant with my dad for lunch break. I wasn't done with my morning work, but my cousin needed help with some boxes. So I get up and go outside.

What did I see you ask? this.

The guy was asking for directions, first thing I tell him is ''Well you can leave it here I don't mind at all!''. Soon enough I figure out something's going on. The guy's asking for my old street where I used to live with my mom and my dad. Next thing you know, he's asking for the same adress! I told my dad '' Now wait a second!''

fast foward a bit and here is the whole gift; A brand new 0km kawasaki ninja zx-6r 636 magma red 2005, an arai astral-x helmet, some alpinestar gp-plus gloves and an Icon Motorhead ''skull'' jacket.

My dad was the greatest guy on Earth. He was, no, he's still is my Hero.

Now almost a year has passed, last week he passed away. All curled up in his bed, in a state only a cancer can leave you to die. It was a relief to see him go. Even more at the funeral home all cleaned up and all dressed up. He gave me my dream and his. Now I gotta live to prove him I'm his Son.

So there you have it, my story about the greatest guy on Earth. And for those wondering, Yeah I'm showing off right now [^][:p]. how cool is your dad? :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
He sounds like a great guy and I am glad you have happy memories of you two together. Sorry to hear about his passing. I am sure that he would be happy knowing how much you enjoy your bike.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Cool story! Great Dad! My parents told me to go buy a car. They said they'd help me get one, but if I wanted a bike, I had to do it on my own.

·
Registered
315 Posts
thats awsome that he was able to do that for you, i am sure that you will always think of you're dad everytime you ride the bike. sorry to hear about you're father passing on

·
Registered
201 Posts
Great man, I wish mine would do that for me. Although great choice of bike i had a red magma myself till i wrecked it on july 1st. Now its solid black.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice read, now do your dad a favor and ride safe. I'd be willing to bet if you went out and squidded out, got yerself kilt , he'd kick your ass up there ;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by ninjakid04636
who's the chick?
my girlfriend [^]

she loves riding so much that she just passed her motorcycle license and she might get my old bike to ride with me!

thanks for your words people, I appreciate it. I guess I wanted to let my dad's spirit live through you by telling you my story.

don't wait before telling your dad, mom, sister, brother, friends, anyone, that you love them. you might regret it someday:)

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
awesome story...sorry about your dad....my dad came to visit me, and I kept saying "let's go for a ride on my 636" and he would decline saying "no way!" by the end of the week and a "spirited ride" later, he bought my 250 from me and we took a ride together....it was one of the coolest moments i've ever had with him

don't worry, we wore lids when we rode, but no jackets or gloves because these were my pre-KawiForums days...i'm healed now

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.