Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This topic doesn't so much pertain to a question more than it does just an awesome Kawi post alltogether. I've been so close to finally purchasing a new '06 ZX6R, and lately it's become rather obsessive. My girlfriend knows about it, and has been asking a lot of questions about it lately. Knowing that she isn't much of a "biker chick", I looked at this as a little odd. Today it finally came together...For our one-year anniversary (dating, not married) she blindsided me with a gift certificate for $100 to the dealership I've been talking to. She told me it wasn't much, I knew it was all she had, but it was good enough to pay for the helmet. My eyes swelled up and I chokinly said "Thank you baby". Yes, ladies and gentlemen...that's how I know She's the One.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
how i know shes the one, we have been dating for three weeks so far... everyday we talk she talks about the next ride we are going to take and what we can do to my bike or car to make it what i want, and the best thing is that she will work on it with me... i had to make her a promise on our first ride that if we went out to the races at the track i would have to take her for a ride...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Don't start shooting your load thinking its all good yet bro. Wait til the first time you get hurt (notice I didnt say CRASH...) and THEN tell us how she's the one.[B)]

But seriously...congrats. Cool girlfriends/wives are VERY hard to come by, especially if you are unlucky enough to get hurt. That's very cool she hooked you up with some gift certificate lovin'.

Then again, maybe she's excited to be getting on it as well.[:p]

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
The one that got away:

The first time I wrecked a bike (80mph lowside on the 5 freeway southbound in rushhour traffic) I had 70% avulsion to my hands, avulsion is different than road rash its where the friction pulls the skin off like peeling the skin from fried chicken. Hurts like heal but heals alot nicer.

Anyway had a huge chunk of knee missing and no skin on my hands. I called her from the ambulance and she beat me to the ER. When I left the ER she opens the trunk and had managed to grab me a pack of smokes and a bottle of jack while running out the door. I almost cried, I swear. Not to mention the fact that she basically bathed me for two weeks since i couldnt get my hands wet.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
How I know? She actually tells me I should go for a ride when its nice out....she actually will go for a ride with me...she actually wants her own gear and possibly her own bike someday...she never tells me I shouldn't ride....she never gets upset if I come home and say "i'm going for a ride, i'll be back later"...

·
Registered
913 Posts
I started dating my last girlfriend after looping my bike and she was there in the E.R. comforting me even though her then current boyfriend (not for long!!) told her not to go see me. [:I]

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
my girl likes watching the races with me! [:+1] and is supportive of my hobby/addiction. She didn't even give me flak for asking why I was grinning like a kid in a candy store after I came home after riding once when I told her I broke my old indicated record of 181! She is definetly a keeper imho

strat

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
How I knew she WASN'T a keeper:

She tried to convince me NOT to get my Ducati, because it's a monoposto. I told her if she wants to go for a ride that badly, she can buy the biposto subframe and tail (all told off of ebay for probably around $600 to $800 used), and I'll swap them out before the ride, and swap them back after, but it'd have to be only special occasions. She got all pissy, and had a freudian slip, calling the pillion seat from my Kawi HER seat, in all seriousness...as if she owned it, not just a slip of the tongue meaning something else...and tried telling me the reason she was pissed is that I got rid of HER seat without asking her. Fuck that bitch. That's when I said 'bye'. Sharing my passion is one thing...trying to OWN my passion is something else entirely.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Thats awesome man. I thought you were going to say she bought the bike for you, that would be extreme though. Very cool. She might be the one as long as you never get the ache for any variety that plagues so many of us. Enjoy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
my wife dont like motocycles, but let me ride. when her brothers come down from washington we take off for days and she is o.k. with that. she even say's why dont you guys go ride. she even offerd to pay for track days. thats why i know she is the one. She puts up with my shit.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
awwwwwwwww thats cute :). THats cool though bro. now, i just need to find a g/f.....

·
Registered
883 Posts
i got that same gift my gf(soon to be fiance) and i went to the dealership to see what they would give me on trade. While i was waiting for the guy to come back with my bike she pulled me aside and said if he gives u a good price we can get it. Well a couple days later i came home with my new bike. Oh and for our 1st year anniversarry i got like a 400 dollar alpine deck from her.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
nice.

when i thought my motor blew at the dragstrip my girl says dont worry about it. i know you care about that bike more than anything, even me. i'll buy you a new motor if thats what it needs. now how nice was that :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.