·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
298 Posts
Oh, quick question:

So, what exactly happens after this mod? Are high beams on permanently? Or can you still switch between high and low beam? Thanks.

inca jones

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no u can still switch between the high and low beams it just makes the low beam the same brightness as the high beam, turn on both of your lights and look at how much light the dome covers up, making the lights look uneven. That is why i did the mod.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Yes. It effectively does away with the low beam. You'll have two highs that switch back and forth when you switch. Other drivers will love you for it.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Chevythunder did the same mod. He used a dremel tool and cut the dome in half (through the headlight hole)and pulled the pieces out. Nice write-up!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
After taking out the dome I was thinking about replaceing the single filiment H7 bulbs and putting back in duel filament bulbs and re wiring it. Has anyone else done this yet.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
OK, I still don't get it...

-Flash

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you not ride in packs. Screw the cagers, but what about the bikes that you are behind when riding in a pack. Surely you thought about the fact that you are shining your brights right into the eyes of your "wingmen". I agree, it is a pain in the a$$ to deal with the "is your headlight burnt out question. but I don't think that was a good mod to solve it. Unless of course you never ride in a group, or around other bikers for that matter. Just another thought to the mix.;)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
`some of my fell rider ride with hi beams on all the time. and there mirrors are ajusted so they have to pick up ther arms to see.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Well I love my '01 for that. It looks really cool...:D Here in Germany the cops would kick your ass for doing what you did. Driving the opposite direction, I would not like you either...:(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
look if you don't want to do the mod don't, countless people drive with there highs on. This was just some help for people who want to do the mod.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
look if you don't want to do the mod don't, countless people drive with there highs on. This was just some help for people who want to do the mod.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
[:M120] Good point Spike! Never thought this thread would get to this point. Mine is coming off this weekend...:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
453 Posts
Why not just drive with high switched on, at least you can always switch back to low if you need to...like if you're blinding drivers coming towards you. Only in America. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.