Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about the past 2 weeks i've been really trying to cut back on my riding time. I'm at 620 miles & need to get the money to go ahead & get the first service done at a shop since i dont have the tools or manual yet. Over the past 2 weeks i've ridden twice. I'm doing my best not to think about riding (KF isn't helping:D) & keep busy w/ other things. But the weekends are SOOOOOOOO HARD. Not sure i'll be able to hold off this weekend. I can only imagine how hard it'd be to go more than 3 weeks w/o riding!! And seeing other riders on the road while in the cage is like insult to injury!

How long before you guys feel like your gonna FREAK if you don't get your fix?

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
I freak out if I can't ride every day...I think if my bike was parked for more that a week or so I might start drying humping it in the garage!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Money. i have to wait until my next check to shell out the $110 for the service. And also i want the peace of mind of having the first service done at the dealer. Not sure if its bs, but the guy said they need to change the spark plugs in order to check it & tell if the bike is running correctly & not lean or rich & some other stuff he said needed to be checked. Can the oil be changed w/o a stand? Anyway even riding only once a week is no where near enough scratch the itch!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Going through withdrawl eh, it's hard going cold turkey :rolleyes:

The longest I've gone is 6-7 months aka winter off-season, during the season the longest I've gone is a week. It's hard but when you get back on the saddle the next time it feels sooooo good, way better than it normally does.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
oil change should cost you around $50 to do yourself, and that's usuing the good stuff. Jet get it done. A stand helps, but I don't think it's necessary.

If you still want to take it to the dealer and have them check all that silly shit, do it later when you have the money. The oil is the major thing that needs to be done right away.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My bike is at the shop for the dreaded Oil leak. They have had it for 2 weeks and I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
My bike is at the shop for the dreaded Oil leak. They have had it for 2 weeks and I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately I've been smelling a little oil cooking off when I'm warming my bike up which tells me I may have a little leak somewhere. I'm not happy.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
i can go the rest of my life w/out riding, but I don' want to.

I'm not 5 years old anymore...I don't go crazy and insane if I don't get to do something

·
Registered
120 Posts
sometimes when i'm stayin at my gf's for the week or so and i havn't seen my bike i feel oddly compelled to touch it and talk to it when i come back home and walk past her in the garge... like any relationship it takes work, and sometimes i just need to apologize for not giving her the attention she deserves...

i've been smellin oil for a while now too, finally realized my fork leaks are splattering random oil drops onto my exhaust headers... doh... really outta get on fixing that already...

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sometimes when i'm stayin at my gf's for the week or so and i havn't seen my bike i feel oddly compelled to touch it and talk to it when i come back home and walk past her in the garge....
not sure if i'm sensing sarcasm or not... but i do this... seriously... omg i think i have a problem!:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
haha... no sarcasm... boy oh boy the real life walking talking gf did NOT find it amusing this most recent time... haha... i blame the two legged gf sometimes for not being able to ride my two wheeled gf... i laugh a little and she shoots me dirty looks...

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I had to leave my bike in storage when I moved to Houston for 4 months. I was not a happy boy. But you do what you gotta do I guess.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
every damn day. and the only thing that makes it worse, is my bike is in pieces because of a damn car. so it just sits there, and i have to look at her, every time i make a trip to dallas. i just see her sitting there in the garage. and to make things worse, i cant ride her again till i save enough money to finnish school. priorties first. but i miss riding so bad.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Generally speaking I cannot ride from October to end of April... I start getting twitchy about 1/2 way through october...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Go buy oil, filter, and a 17 mm wrench. Change oil. And keep riding
a really BIG +1

oil change should cost you around $50 to do yourself, and that's usuing the good stuff. Jet get it done. A stand helps, but I don't think it's necessary.

If you still want to take it to the dealer and have them check all that silly shit, do it later when you have the money. The oil is the major thing that needs to be done right away.
and another really BIG +1

I'd buy an oil Filter (PureOne for my bike) and some dinasour oil (to finish off your break in period), change them and call it a day. And at around 1,500-2K, I'd change to MobilOne. Good luck, bro.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts