Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, they are not just loud on Ninjas. The Hindle will be louder than the Micron regardless of the bike. D&D is second to Hindle in that category.

There is not a huge difference when comparing many exhausts. Yes, when comparing 'loud' pipes, there are some that are louder than others; but it is not like comparing a B-52 to a Cessna. Some differences are subtle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
the info I keep getting is widely varied. Some have said the hindles were real deep and others have said they were high pitched and tinny sounding. I just don't get it. I kow part of it is a subjective thing but most everyone describes akro's and yosh's nearly the same. Oh well I'll be putting it on in 10 hours so I'll know a little more.

Do the hindles have a break in period? You know where the pipe starts out sounding one way and then "evolves" after a little time to the tone it keeps for the rest of its time

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm putting on a SS bolt on tomorrow and numerous people on here have said they are one of the loudest pipes they have ever heard. I have asked around and everyone says they're somewhat loud but not only as bad or good as a Micron. Are they only really loud on Ninjas or what?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Hindles are the loudest pipes I've heard. They are high-pitched on inline fours, especially on 600's. The ovals seem to be slightly quieter at low revs for some reason than the rounds. Someone on this forum described Hindle sound as "Indy Car"... and I think that's a perfect description. Once you get 'em revving, it's the loudest, whiniest, shrill pipe I've heard. Some people LOVE it, some people don't. You'll have no trouble hearing your bike no matter WHO you ride beside, put it that way. The Stealth models are much quieter of course.

I wish you could all ride with my buddy who has a round hindle high-rise on an R6. Loudest bike around, period. Unreal volume. You can hear him coming to pass you WAY in advance. And yes, there is some break-in of sorts involved in exhausts, as the packing material breaks down over time and they tend to become louder.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Hindles are damn loud, but the loudest pipe I've heard was the Vance/Hines on my old 86 GSXR1100.. I sold it to a guy from work and I can hear him coming from a couple miles away. Now I think he probobly just took the packing material out but who knows :) hehe

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
45 Posts
I put the bolt-on onto my bike and rode around and damn it sounds good!!! Its an oval SS bolt on and I have to say the differing tones at different RPMs are awesome. I can't hear the pipe too much as wind noise drowns it out once I'm doing 60+. It does shreak on top for sure

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Anyone know how "Two Brothers Racing" pipes sound? I bought one because it was the cheapest one i could find. I was just curious to hear what people in the forum thought about them.

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Registered
45 Posts
2 bros sounded decent on the few bikes I've heard them on. The quality is ok and about mid level with a cobra being the bottom and an akro or arrow being near the top. They do have a decent amount of volume and look nice. I almost bought one but the hindles are a little different and not everyone has one like D&D and Yosh and it was only 273 delivered

·
Registered
11 Posts
Shane

Was that hindle pipe a direct bolt on. The local kawi guy
said I would need an some type of adapter also.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Just put my new Two Brothers pipe on and it sound good. I'm not too sure i would want a louder pipe. Here in NYC the noise bounces off the buildings and bikes become extremely loud and an annoyance to the neighbors.[V]

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Finally! I ordered my exhaust. I didn't have the money to fork out for a full system, so I decided to annoy the hell out of everyone around me. I went with a Hindle high mount. It should look pretty bad ass. The only thing is I don't have the rear foot peg use anymore, unless I get some sort of kit. Who cares though right? You can't have as much fun with someone holding on right? I'll post some pics when I get mine on. Should be sometime next week. I think it cost me a few bucks under 300. :D

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
45 Posts
"Was that hindle pipe a direct bolt on. The local kawi guy
said I would need an some type of adapter also."

Yeah the 98-02 zx6rs are bolt ons. All I had to do was unscrew the 3 hex head bolts connecting the pipe to the can and take off the hanger. It was so easy to do. Getting the new Hindle hanger back on is a bitch though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.