Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm curious to know how many are out there so what better way than to ask those that have one. Post and maybe we can get a count. Whether you like the scheme or not doesn't matter so if you're just gonna post that don't bother. Thanks. Those that have the 06 start your own thread LOL.

Yes I have one.

Habs

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw one at the my local dealership like 2 months ago before I got my blue one. So count it! Your bike plus that one= 2 so far.

So the other two I've seen on the board so far is MB Hawaii's and to the one in Maryland. So as of now the count is 3 owned one for sale lol.

Habs

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
LOL. Well I think it sold last time I checked. So that makes it 4 plus there is another one on this board somewhere so that makes it 5 total!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Seen two here in Memfrica and one in Chi-town so thats 8

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
i don't get why its a special edition....so both the silver 07 and black 08 are special editions since they got red wheels or what?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Here! :D We should start an official Special Edition picture thread. Greddy has one that I saw. His pics are what changed my mind about keeping the decals. It's growing on me!:D

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's mine...

GF wants to do a little photo shoot soon so I'll post some of those later.

Habs

Attachments

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i don't get why its a special edition....so both the silver 07 and black 08 are special editions since they got red wheels or what?
i, too, am perplexed as to why this is a special edition. although i'm not that picky on color (mine is piss yellow) i do prefer solid as opposed to graphics. the red lip on the wheels looks nice. or is that the whole wheel? is anything else on it different from the standard models???

s3aturnr

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
No the 08 is a special edition the 07 with red rims was not. The whole idea to this thread was trying to find out how special these editions were. As in how many were made/sold.

There was a special edition in 06 it was Ti colour with red rims with red tribal flames.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/powersportsdlr/images/NewVehicles/2006_3_ZX-6Rsilver.jpg

Habs

·
Registered
264 Posts
2 at my dealership when i bought my green in may

·
Registered
295 Posts
i, too, am perplexed as to why this is a special edition. although i'm not that picky on color (mine is piss yellow) i do prefer solid as opposed to graphics. the red lip on the wheels looks nice. or is that the whole wheel? is anything else on it different from the standard models???

s3aturnr
Special Editions are faster! 10 extra HP than standard. :D:D:D J/K

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a S.E. and I saw only 1 more here in the Kitchener/Waterloo area in Ontario, so that's two in Ontario that I have seen (me included :D).

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I'm with you on this...It's a special edition only because that's what Kawi calls it......unfortunately there's really nothing extra you get aside from the anodization and the decals.

Then again.......a lot of the time it's aesthetic trifles that make a bike a "special edition"....what was special about the Alstare 600 aside from paint? Same goes for the 2006 R6 L.E., although the 2006 R1 L.E. did have marchesinis, I know that much.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So the decals on the special edition are removable?
All Decals are removable lol. But if you take them off it won't be a special edition anymore lol. I know it's nothing more than the decals that make it special but MSRP was more so I'm thinking they didn't make that many of them.

And actually after seeing quite of the few of the all black ones for 07 and since the only black one you could get for 08 was this colour scheme I think the fact that there is no other colours on it ie the rear sets and all attachments are black. Those parts on the 07 were not blacked out.

Habs

1 - 20 of 179 Posts