Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kool site...looked all over for this one..
just picked up my new (used) 2001 zx6r but don't know any good roads in the Bronx to check out.. I've ridden it a few times, awesome bike, but just around the neighborhood and upstate to Westchester County.

any of you riders in the neighborhood? next year I'm planning a trip to the Poconos track.

I'm new to sportbikes but have some riding experience along w/MSF.

If i don't get it out much i'll prep it for winter storage..
question: can i leave it out under a bike cover all winter?

shoutout to all bronx riders![8D]

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Good roads in the Bronx? The three words together seem to be an oxymoron.;)

Seriously though, out here on the island there's some good riding. Upstate and Pennsylvania are good too, though I have never been on a bike. If you want a list of the best roads on LI that I've come across, PM me. I'd meet up and ride with you too, but I don't have a bike right now. :(

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Welcome to the board! Give Cyberdos a shout. He's from there! Just look for the duck

It must suck prepping your bike for the winter. It's in the 80's here as we speak[8D][:p]

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Welcome to the board!
NinjaRider hit it on the head. OXYMORON!
I also have explored Westchester county roads. They are the best around our area. Check out Bronx Parkway. Not Bronx River Parkway but Bronx Parkway. It's where Bronx River splits into BP and the Taconic (I believe). There's a couple of guys I ride with sometimes but our hours are all diferent so we usually ride on weekends. I'm out there every night that's above 40 degrees and not raining so if you wanna hook up give me a call. 917-974-1621
I leave my bike with the cover on and outside all winter long. Didn't have a problem although it did take a while to crank after the harsh winter we had last year. Didn't move it or start it for about a month 1/2. Not the smartest thing to do but you live and learn.
Again, welcome to the board and I love that avatar. You see, we Bronxites love nature!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.