Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my header off and cut out the cat. I'm going to wrap from the header all the way up to the mufflers on my 2 bros exhaust. Would it be better to get 1 inch wide wrap or 2 inch? I'm thinking 2 inch. Does anyone know how many feet I will need to do this? I want to put my order in soon. The wrap I'm ordering is black, so it won't bad at all. :)

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
why are u doing this?
ive heard very bad things about wrapping headers. something about drawing moisture under the wrap. once it cools. i guess its very good for drag cars/bikes. that dont see long continous use.
but for anything that will see extended run times, not so good.
just something to think about.

·
Registered
470 Posts
get a 50' of the 2" one from ebay. I used it on my SS exhaust system on my turbo MR2 with great results (I had a trunk mounted intercooler which would get hot from the ambient heat from my muffler which was directly beneath it)

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I would suggest not wrapping the exhaust. I think that they get enough airflow from the way that the fairings are designed. Have you ever seen a bike with its header wrapped??

--David

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the full Akro Evo system and wrapped it all the way back. The only thing that I regret is not knowing to get the spray to coat the wrap with. It helps seal the wrap from rain, etc from the road. When and if I re-wrap the pipe it will get the coating. I can't say if it has made a diffeerence since I did it right after getting the bike.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i wrapped my hedders. not a problem. i did it since i sit in a lot of stop and go in dallas. i did it to keep heat away from the radiator. not a problem. get 1 inch wide, since the pipes are small. 50 will get you back to the cat. but since you have the headers off the bike, look in to having them ceramic coated instead. should work better, than wrapping them. but i have mine wrapped and no problems. i did not get the sealent spray, since i did not know about it at the time. but if yo do wrap them get it. also i used safty wire to secure the wrap in place. worked good. but when ever i pull the bike apart again and if i pull the headers off i will have the ceramic coated.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I second or third or fourth the 'do not wrap' exhaust. for one... it gets plenty of air to disipate the heat enough. 2nd.. the exhaust heats up your engine case and brings the oil and internal parts up to operating temperature more quickly with a non-wrapped exhaust. Now if your a custom Harley owner and don't want the exhaust burning your leg off then that's a different story. Imo

·
Registered
108 Posts
So I ve heard, you cant wrap a titanium exhaust? Akra evo systems are full, ti, but the race systems are stainless. Maybe you could ask the manufacturer? spelling?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.