Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was leaving my house and a wasp hit me in the neck. It's happened before and I thought nothing of it, just made sure it didn't land in my crotch. About 10min later I was sitting at a light and I felt something buzzing inside my jacket...I was like oh fuck no...the first thing I did was try to kill it in my jacket (yeah I know...dumb idea) then it fucking stung me! I opened my jacket and didn't see any wasp or bee come out and for a second I thought it was my belt buckle had pinched my skin....

I get home and now I've got this welt on my stomach...I've always had a fear of things flying down my jacket or onto my crotch...guess it was the wrong day to ignore it my fear. :banghead:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Been caught in the neck once wasn't that bad. I just do not like how the mouth vent works as a bug juicer on my helmet feel like I'm in one of those gum commercials.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yup, few years ago, it hit me in the neck, then worked it's way around to the back and finally stung me.

·
Registered
406 Posts
when i first started riding i got stung in my neck i was hitting my helmet and my neck trying to kill it. I know i looked crazy to the public. Just recently i had a ant in my helmet. I was on the freeway, i think it crawled in my ear.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I had a wasp get in my leathers ad sting me twice before I could get it out. The first time I didn't realize what it was, then I felt it crawling on my stomach and sting again. I had to have looked like a crazy person as I flailed around trying to get out of all my gear, but that shit hurt!

·
Registered
289 Posts
was knockin on my own down one night to get let in, and three wasps went down my shirt and stung me 6 times. They dont die when they sting you, unfortunately...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Been stung by a hornet. Felt something brush against my boot, looked down, saw nothing, thought nothing of it. About 2 mins later I feel this burning sensation, look down and see the head of this thing about the size of a dime.

Didn't help that I was in the middle of a banking turn.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Wasp got me on the wrist a few years back...I screamed like a girl.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Wow, i never even thought about being stung while riding.. Didnt think somethin like that would really happen... I've never been stung by a wasp or hornet, but have a pretty big fear of them... I've seen my cousin get stung & practically cry & he's a huge guy-- & my friend got 2-3 wasp stings when we were in middle school & he's terrified of em now, so i dont wanna ever feel what its like... I've even heard some people compare them to a gunshot.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
I got stung doing about 55mph. I wasn't wearing my jacket at the time and the little fucker got me right on the crelbow. (the inside part of your elbow...where they draw blood from) That hurt like all hell. I actually had to slit the skin open a little to get the stinger out because it had burrowed into my arm and I couldn't grasp the top of it with tweezers.
I've had the bee in the helmet before, but I just sat up and yanked my helmet off without stopping...then I pulled over and put it back on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
ive been stung like 4 times. first time, i was riding through my neighborhood when i lived in an apartment complex to check my mail which was at the entrance and i lived in the back. i was being lazy. no helmet. and got stung on the corner of my eye. that was miserable for a while. been hit in the neck and arm too.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
haven't been stung while riding yet but i've been stung plenty of times in the hands by wasps while doing spring cleaning type things. it really sucks when they get you in the webbing of your fingers.
did hit multiple gigantic grasshopper/locust things the other day though. big globs of bug guts on my helmet shoulder and one right in the middle of my throat (that hurt it fet like someone karate chopped me in the neck lol)

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i haven't been stung but one day in the cage, a herd of honey bee's came across the road. it sounded like rain drops hitting the van lol. glad i wasn't on the bike, it was a huge sworm of'm. i was also lucky i had the windows up.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Wow, i never even thought about being stung while riding.. Didnt think somethin like that would really happen... I've never been stung by a wasp or hornet, but have a pretty big fear of them... I've seen my cousin get stung & practically cry & he's a huge guy-- & my friend got 2-3 wasp stings when we were in middle school & he's terrified of em now, so i dont wanna ever feel what its like... I've even heard some people compare them to a gunshot.
The yellow jacket stings aren't that bad, but the one that got me on the wrist (I think it was a paper wasp) felt like someone was sawing my arm off.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
been stung in the cheek by a bee while riding, bout 10 mins later my helmet fit extra snug because i'm allergic as fuck to them, only been stung twice & i'll tell you what, thats one of the smallest fucking things on the planet but it fucking hurts bad :D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts