Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
my max is about 270km at my Kawa ZX6R '00+ kawasaki racing jet kit + k&n + Acrapovic EVO exhaust system + sport distribution :D
Regards.
W.
Poland.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's about right for cruising. When I ride the freeway all week to and from work, I get around 300km then hit reserve. In town it drops down to between 220 - 250 km.

Bend the rules & Rule the bends...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Heavy traffic to and from work in inner city I get about 180km out of a tank. On the highway, closer to 300km.

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop...

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I seem to always get around 200-220km, regardless of where I'm riding.
I did a all highway trip and got about 230km, but a week later I got 225 out of a all city tank..

Of course on the highway Im going a good deal quicker then I should be, and I dont crouch behind the windscreen much, so that could explain it.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Well I have a 03 6R and am 235lbs and the farthest I have gone is 280km and the shortest is around 190km. I also tend to drive a little harder than I should. I am sure if I took it easy and kept it under 6k I could get more than 300km out of a tank.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have an 03 6R,
city (w/ LA traffic): 168km (105mi) before hitting reserve.
Freeway: 192km (120mi) before hitting reserve.
50% freeway + 50% track day = 166km (104 mi) before hitting reserve.

I use 91 octane, I generally cruise around 5-6k rpm, accelerate to around 9k rpm before shifting, usually only on 1/2 throttle. I weigh 160 lbs w/o gear, always wear Aerostich (weighs about 20 lbs? and is not so aerodynamic), tuck in on freeways. My fuel economy seems kinda low, doesn't it...?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I get 132 miles (210 km)almost every time before the low light comes on. Which means that I should get about 160 miles before I have to start pushing.

You don't have to be faster then the bear, just faster then your friend.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I guess I am getting pretty good mileage then. How far can you go on the reserve? also, does it matter what type of gas to use. I usually just use regular unleaded.
thanks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I ride both local and freeway everyday to work and I use 91 octane (CA here).
I always get between 149-157 miles before hitting reserve.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I think that I could squeeze 300 km / tank if I had to, the fuel consumption in road riding is usually somewhere around 6 liters / 100 km.

In spirited road riding/track riding it averages to 8-10 l/100 km.

Oh and the bike is stock -03 6R.

------------------------
7,62mm. One size fits all.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
160Kilometers on my 2003 636. I don't think that's normal.
Even when I was breaking it in I was getting 160KM's max before the fuel light comes on. I had to put $10CDN in it every day.

I put between 91/93/94 octane. Never anything below 91 :)

What's your octane level?

·
Registered
58 Posts
DO NOT use Regular Unleaded in your bike. In fact, I'm not sure how your bike is surviving without making crazy pinging sounds in the engine.

Manufacturer recommends octane over 90. And the higher the octance, the better the performance from what I can gather.

I get 230km/tank on average.

Irish = Drunk
Believe that!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've acheived as poor as 170kms to a tank and as good as 283kms on a tank before I hit reserve. All depends on the rider... I ususally start thinking about hitting the pumps around 170kms.

Go green or go home...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Originally posted by IrishRider

Manufacturer recommends octane over 90. And the higher the octance, the better the performance from what I can gather.
There is no need to exceed manufacturers octane recommendations if the engine is stock. If compression ratio is higher than stock, then it's a different story.

There is not going to be any performance or economical gains with higher octane gas as far a I know if the quality of gas is otherwise similar.

------------------------

·
Registered
47 Posts
Originally posted by Routa

Originally posted by IrishRider

There is no need to exceed manufacturers octane recommendations if the engine is stock. If compression ratio is higher than stock, then it's a different story.

There is not going to be any performance or economical gains with higher octane gas as far a I know if the quality of gas is otherwise similar.

------------------------
from my own experience i find my bike is freer reving using a higher octane fuel...try it...i think your'll feel an improvement

only 120 mpg now...i trash the bike everywhere i go..

·
Registered
226 Posts
I usually get 210-220 kms riding in the city (almost always) and about 270-280 in highway (not slower than 160 km/h). Never cruised in relax long enough to use up a full tank [:p]

- Wilder than the wildest dreams!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.