Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles should I put on the stock settings before I can go in and start tweaking the suspension settings. The dealer told me to put a thousand miles on it before I touched the suspension. Is this necessary?

David C.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I've never heard that before, its probobly just meant so you can get a feel for it and see if you actually want to change it or not.
The suspension will change how it feels in the first while, so waiting 1000km might not be a bad idea, just cause it might change on you a bit if you change it right away.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I've heard that before too. Basically it was about the same as the engine break-in period. Just to give the parts a change to settle, etc. Probably not a big deal either way, but that's what I've heard.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I guess as soon as you can feel that there's something you don't want to live with any longer, do it. I had my J1 for 3 days, took it for a 300 kilometer trip, felt the wallowing in corners and adjusted it first thing when I got back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You might want to wait a few hundred miles--mine felt really stiff at first, it would bounce me off the seat over larger bumps, but now it's starting to soften up some (or maybe I'm just getting used to it!).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.