Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm starting to think my clutch is worn out because it feels like it barely even grabs the gears anymore when i let out the clutch lever. How many miles of clutching up wheelies can most bikes withstand before the clutch fibers are shot? Also, can i ride my worn out clutch until is completly doesn't work anymore or will this hurt the trany/bike? when do i know when to swap my clutch fibers out with new ones? thanks

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
it doesn't go by milage when clutching up wheelies. that depends on the rider. you can burn up a new clutch in one day if you don't know what your doing ya know. i put almost 20,000 on mine doing clutch ups, and would still be good if i hadn't adjusted it wrong for my son to drag race it.
sounds like you may be able to adjust it for a little more life out of it.
you can ride it till it slips so bad you can't ride it, not recomended tho.

adjust it correctly, if it still slips, replace the clutch. if it's slipping bad, you need to replace the fibers and steel plates

my2

·
Registered
306 Posts
15,000+ on my stock clutch, no problems at all. Bad Technique and having it adjusted incorrectly can cause it to wear. Just have it adjusted to where the clutch disengages right before the lever hits your knuckles, that is how mine is adjusted.

·
Registered
233 Posts
do tons of clutchin wheelies and lots of drag! Goin on 2 yrs and still no probs whatsoever!!!!! Go Kawi baby!

·
Registered
406 Posts
im still on stock plates......never had problems with the clutch

·
Registered
226 Posts
1 check the cable adjustment
2 see if it looses power in the upper rpm range or revs / slips
3 check your oil level - nothing will burn it out faster than low oil - heat/ friction.
4 if your stunting it put a 1/2 quart extra oil and do the clean air mod

unless your really beating the balls off it... your clutch should last a good year or more.

·
Registered
406 Posts
1 check the cable adjustment
2 see if it looses power in the upper rpm range or revs / slips
3 check your oil level - nothing will burn it out faster than low oil - heat/ friction.
4 if your stunting it put a 1/2 quart extra oil and do the clean air mod

unless your really beating the balls off it... your clutch should last a good year or more.
+1 especially on the extra oil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts