Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear we can get 145 miles tops. I have not tried to wait for reserve so what has everyone been experiencing?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I think the biggest factor is how you ride (balls to the wall or slow like granny) or where you ride (highway or inner city).

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I don't ride like a total granny nor I'm I off the wall. I ride hard just not crazy. I keep pretty good records and I've gone 154 miles and when I filled her up she only took 3.3 gals which gave be about 46mpg. Depending on how I'm riding I've averaged anywhere from about 40 mpg to 50 mpg when I was nursing it during break in. Do a mpg check on how you drive and figure out with about 5 gals of gas where your goin. For me, I've never emptied the tank but I'm guessing I'm probably good for 200+ miles on a tank. Hope that helps.

Edited by - Unreel on 11/03/2002 17:46:06

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:
I don't ride like a total granny nor I'm I off the wall. I ride hard just not crazy. I keep pretty good records and I've gone 154 miles and when I filled her up she only took 3.3 gals which gave be about 46mpg. Depending on how I'm riding I've averaged anywhere from about 40 mpg to 50 mpg when I was nursing it during break in. Do a mpg check on how you drive and figure out with about 5 gals of gas where your goin. For me, I've never emptied the tank but I'm guessing I'm probably good for 200+ miles on a tank. Hope that helps.

Sure does help thanks. So we get good gas mileage we just have small tanks. My pal rides the Suzuki Vstrom DL100. I rode it. It ws cool. Not my style but nice. We took a 1hour 15 munite ride. He said I ws going to fast on the staights. Ranging 70 to 90MPH. He used to have a CBR 900R now I ride to fast. Go figure. He is getting more mature I am still a kid at heart.
Edited by - Unreel on 11/03/2002 17:46:06

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
180 hits reserve for me with normal city/highway riding.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
between 150-180 before i hit reserve depending on how hard I'm riding.....

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Usually I get to about 175-180. But one night I was coming home from San Deigo and the trip meter said I made it home at 195 without touching the reserves at all. And I had set the trip meter a 0.0 when I filled up earlier that day...

·
Registered
778 Posts
AVG is 150 miles, worst was 100 miles best was 180. Depends on the GAS and the riding I do.

Ever since I started taking the 250 into work I almost always run of of gas on the ZX6R (hit reserve) One time I left the reserve open and ran out of gas. That damn 250 gets about 230 - 250 miles b4 you have to hit reserve.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Best: 180 to reserve, breaking bike in
Worst: 120 to reserve, riding hard

Typically I get just around 150 -- about 39 mpg.

-----

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I get about 165 miles per tank on my 95..... I'm curious to know how much air temperature affects my gas milage....cold air is denser so I'm assuming you burn more gas on colder days....Would it be enough to notice a difference?

Keep the g's on!

·
Registered
44 Posts
quote:
It's the Utility Knife fender eliminator. :) Check out this thread: /forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=405
Hey! Muchas Gracìas! I think I know what route I'm taking now!
Thanks again,
JV

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
While some fuel injected injected engines compensate for difference in air density, carburators don't. So you ought to get about the same mileage hot or cold. As an aside, the folks at Factory Pro said that the '95-97 is very sensitive to coolant temperature and suggested that the radiator be masked to obtain a temperture guage reading of 1/3 to 1/2 scale for optimum performance. When it is cold mine barely gets off the first mark.

·
Registered
25 Posts
On break-in the most I got was 207 to reserve. And I did not exceed 4000 rpm. Normally it is 155 – 165.
They should of do at least an indicator light for the fuel. Would be more convenient then to reset the mileage all the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.