Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what people do untill they refill their gas tanks.
do you wait for the fuel light? or if you fill up before, and how do you know when to fill up?
another question i had if any one knows how many miles/per gallon their 636 uses up, and if it is on hard riding, or just commuting from work?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
2003 636, 142 miles before filling up, fuel light on, commuting only at the moment so heavy traffic but still getting around 50mpg!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i go like 120 to 140 then the light goes on i ride hard though and alot of traffic[V]

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have an 06 636 and the fuel light usually comes on after about 140-150 miles of riding. This past weekend I did a 3 hour trip with my brother going about 90 for most of it and the light came on at about 140 miles. After filling up, it took less than 3 gallons. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I've always got between 105-120 miles per tank on my 05, which seemed a little low. What RPM do you guys cruise around at, I'm usually between 8500-10k when holding a steady pace.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Around town with a bunch of stopping I get abot 120-130 before the fuel light comes on. When on highway trips it is better. And when riding hard it is a little worse then that.

·
Registered
261 Posts
ya i get around 150mi per tank unless im riding hard, then i get around 100mi per tank

___________________________________________________________________________________________

It's Green on The Inside.

·
Registered
94 Posts
the light comes on at 130-140 but i don't fill up til 170-180 i pushed it 200 mark once i pulled in to the gas station on fumes.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Originally posted by JP
the light comes on at 130-140 but i don't fill up til 170-180 i pushed it 200 mark once i pulled in to the gas station on fumes.
you must have those SUPER GAS MODS!! on ebay ;)

·
Registered
486 Posts
My fuel light comes on at ~130 miles. If i'm just cruising around town or something I might wait until the light.

Otherwise I try to plan ahead my stops on a ride so I can get fuel when needed..

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i like to fill up around 120-130. in dallas you never know when you are going to get stuck in traffic for a while. so that is about 10-25 before the fuel lite comes on.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts