Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
down'd my bike, frame sliders saved my ass, cost me $40 bucks for a new slider, and 340 for new rear sets, upgraded from stock, so would have only cost me for left foot peg, ($60). tiny crack where my slider hit the frame from bending, hardly noticable, and a tiny little scratch here and there. total, about 100 bucks, plus 4.95 for the vicodin. 30 500ml... score.

just wondering how much your guys crashes cost you and if you had insurance cover it or not. stories are always cool too... read a ton already on here.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
what sliders did you have?

·
Registered
383 Posts
My crash last year cost me ~$2000 + 2 weeks in bed + a bunch of skin off my ass + elbow + knee.
It cost my insurance company another $14000 for a replacement bike and some new gear.

·
Registered
342 Posts
mine cost me about 1200 total. 485 for new front cowling, 85 for shift lever, rest of stuff like pegs and tailsection on got off ebay for pretty cheap and brand new. There still some parts that need replacing like my mirrors and some scratched fairings but I can live with them for a little while more.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i had the vortex sliders, chrome
no cuts?

and daym!!!! 75 for a freakin shift lever?

·
Registered
571 Posts
well....which crash??
i'd say of all my wrecks( only one was my fault) ive racked up about 20k+ in damages. not good i must say, the bike i have will never be the same due to frame damage and i have tons of scars. Crshing sucks balls, plain and simple.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Was that a tiny crack in the frame? That's no bueno. My crash cost me about 150-200 for new peg, mirror, clutch lever and I replaced rear blinker with a fender eliminator kit w/led blinkers. I haven't replaced the plastic (every piece on left side is scratched), scratched up passenger peg, bar end or triple tree. Only thing wrong with triple tree is the part where pin goes in locking the clip on in place busted off. Just had to realign clip on and torque it down and no big deal. I just replaced what it would take to get me back on the road and I'll do the rest when I have the $ to upgrade as I go.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
$400 front fairing
$100 peg/rearset/shifter
$70 turn signals
$100 Left Clipon
$40 mirror
$150 helmet
$50 gloves
$10 epoxy to fix headlight housing and ram air duct
Still have scratches on stator cover, tail section, lower fairing. They aren't too bad though so I dont think I'm going to fix them.
Rashed up leather jacket and jeans, still functional.
Could barely walk for about a week but I didn't go to the hospital so no bills from that. I think thats all.

·
Registered
634 Posts
mine cost me around $3500 bucks. New forks-$275, wheels-$750, complete triple tree-$210, pazzo levers-$170, master cylinder-$100, upper-$175, tail section-$100, front fender-$50, left mid-$70,speedometer-$100, wiring harness-$100, power commander-$275, paint and repair of my tank-$500. Following some experienced guys in the backroads to fast into a corner. I don't remember what happened cause when I was thrown and sliding from the bike I was knocked unconcious and by the grace of God and God only I landed in some very, very soft bushes instead of going head first sliding at a high rate of speed into pine trees. Maybe more than $3500 and yea crashes suck. I did all the work myself except mount tires on rims and paint. I'll be riding with more commong sense from now on and I'll be attending a Corner Speed class at VIR later this summer. Once again crashes suck. It cost me half a riding season and a lot of stress on the brain.

·
Registered
327 Posts
$6800

thats the damage that my buddy did to my one month old 06 ZX6R. Basicalley it got a new frame, all fairings, gastanks,
levers, rearsets, starter & generator covers etc. .. plus labor. Don't EVER let friends ride your bike.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
My crash cost Blue Cross $31,000 to put a rod in my right tibia.

My bike looks to be just at $800 or so:

$430 new factory gas tank
$160 vortex rearset parts
$70 windshield
$80 frame slider pucks and bases
$60 for misc. brackets and stuff

Oh...and the cost of having my ENTIRE summer riding season in SoCal shot to shit>>>?

[:M91]THERE AINT NO FUCKIN PRICE WORTH THAT! DON'T CRASH![:M91]

·
Registered
403 Posts
$320 Right Fairing
$37 Right Foot Peg
$60 Puig Double Bubble
$45 Speedo Bracket
$65 Frame Sliders
$300 Paint (The Whole Bike)
$10 Copay for Vicadin
Being able to ride again = PRICELESS