Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious, everyone says to never make a claim or else your rates will go through the roof. For those of you that have made a claim, did your rates go up? If so, how much? Did you have prior claims?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I've never made a claim for an accident or theft or anything like that, but I worked for Allstate for nearly two years and have my share of field experience, although I was a network analyst..

Shouldn't skyrocket, really. What kind of claim are we talking about? Total loss?

·
Registered
452 Posts
on my state farm, they applied a 40 a year surcharge on one out of my 4 bike policies. IIRC i think they told me that they only apply it to one because they consider one of them as my "primary" motorcycle or something like that. FYI the claim was a single vehicle accident involving a total loss.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This claim would be for about 2500 dollars. I have full coverage and my rates are 46 a month with statefarm.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was paying 286 for liability. Rear ended a 05' cbr 600rr, and totaled it.
At renewal time my insurence was 274 for liability. So it went down.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I have Farmers...full coverage on the 6R....totalled my last bike, they paid it off at $6800...more than what it was worth. 3 months later it went from 52 a month to 100. Since it was a single-vehicle accident, it was deemed my fault, thus the increase. I was thinking about dumping them, but I had a DUI about 3 years ago, and mysteriously my rates never went up. I'm afraid if I apply elsewhere they'll surely do a court/DMV check and find out about the DUI and charge an even higher rate.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by Whlyphobia
I have Farmers...full coverage on the 6R....totalled my last bike, they paid it off at $6800...more than what it was worth. 3 months later it went from 52 a month to 100. Since it was a single-vehicle accident, it was deemed my fault, thus the increase. I was thinking about dumping them, but I had a DUI about 3 years ago, and mysteriously my rates never went up. I'm afraid if I apply elsewhere they'll surely do a court/DMV check and find out about the DUI and charge an even higher rate.
stay where you are!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
i fliped my bike and have about $5,000 worth of damage... i'm scared to report it b/c i fear that they'll pay it out and drop me or simply double my rates. i have some cheap insurance called american modern. i pay $800 a year for full coverage, i think 20/50/20. i can prolly fix everything for about 2,000. I have a $1000 deductable [:M7] what do you guys think i should do? please pm me as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.