Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of selling my bike but i had no clue how much i should ask for. its 96 zx6r with 19200 miles. it has not been crashed before but dropped few times going 5 miles per hour and when it was parked. its been repainted by previous owner (which was my close frd) when he gave it to me. It has a lot of cosmetic damages now and it probably needs to be repained but nothings cracked or nething. Runs great, been serviced when it was supposed to be, has yoshi pipe, and i just installed pirelli diablo rear tire.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
$3k at the most, even if it is a clean bike, its over 10 years old. i dig the paint job though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
even tho the paint job is really f#$ked up? few months ago, my bike tipped over with the bike cover on while i wasnt home and the heat and leaked gas really messed up the paint job on the right side fairing. anyways its so much more than i expected. thanks guys.

·
Registered
624 Posts
To be completely honest, it's very old, has a lot of miles, has cosmetic damage. You will be able to get 2 grand for it, but that's it. $2K max.

My friend just sold his 2002 Yamaha R6 with only 8k miles in good condition for $3,000. Also, I have purchased my 05 ZZR600 with 2700 miles for $4,000. So, yours would be $2,000 at the most.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Dude, you northern guys are lucky. In florida even with messed up paint, that bike would go for over $4 k. Costs are unbelievable down here.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yeah, well vivalamk live in the north as well... actually not far from me. And yes, up here the prices are way cheaper, probably because the season is so much shorter.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
yeah i say 2k max on a good day local lol, i paied 2300 for my 98 zx6r with cosmetic damage but ran awsome and had pipe, sprockets, extra tank, extra gas cap, extra rear wheel, cage, extra tire, extra tail lights, 66t stunt sprocket brand new, oil filters etc. Some say i over paid also lol, but i think the price was right. Guess when it comes time to sell i am going to leave it with my dad fl and sell it lol.
Ben

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think its based on location, i could probally get 3200 out of that bike in texas. Mostly because we dont really have a non riding season. However summer is your best time to sell, anywhere you are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.