Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
For me it comes on when I have 2 gallons left. Every time the light comes on I fill up my tank and it puts in 2 1/2 gallons. So since my tanks 4 1/2 gallons I figure it comes on at 2 gallons.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
for us 05/06 guys it all depends as there is for sure some variations.
i normally have 1.1-1.3 gallons left in the tank...but i dont F around with the gas light especially on my zx10r, that bad boy says

"FLASHING FUEL LIGHT=" 8 miles and your pushing-Have a Nice Day!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think our tanks are 4.5
and the reserve is .9
The light comes on when you have .9 left.

I get 40mpg, so when the light comes on i tell myself i have 40miles to gas up.

·
Powerhungry
38,381 Posts
I think our tanks are 4.5
and the reserve is .9
The light comes on when you have .9 left.

I get 40mpg, so when the light comes on i tell myself i have 40miles to gas up.
from EMPTY, they will actually hold 4.8XX to the TOP.

Hel- Thats cuttin it close. Dontcha think?
yes, it is..see above.
i found out the hard way:eek:. it was only a block or so, the push wasnt too bad.

·
Powerhungry
38,381 Posts
And i think the tank is 4.5 gallons.
maybe on paper. but i promise you, from EMPTY it will hold 4.8
and in fact theres been MANY times, where i wasnt OUT yet, but still put it 4.7.
yeh, i take my chances. and i try t0 fill it to the absolute TOP.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah, the tank can hold 4.8.

It's not cutting it close when the light comes on i find a station, worst case scenario I need to find one before 40miles go by. Closest I've done was 32miles.
I don't wait till the last minute, mind you, I just know that in case im riding back woods or something, that i either need to turn around or whatever to get gas.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
My low fuel light comes on when I have 2 gallons left in as well. The manual says it comes on at .9 but I can only manage to fill 2.5 +/- right when I fill at the light.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've run out of gas before and I got about 38 miles from when the gas light came on till she died.
X2 I think it was around 35-36 miles before I was on the side of the road :(, I did try and stop twice for gas, but I was in the middle of nowhere and the power was out everywhere from hurricane Ike

·
Registered
172 Posts
My low fuel light comes on when I have 2 gallons left in as well. The manual says it comes on at .9 but I can only manage to fill 2.5 +/- right when I fill at the light.
Hmm yeah why does our reserve light come on so early? Can the number be changed?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I too think my light comes on early. I'm going to test it this time just to see exactly how much I can put in as soon as the light comes on. I definitely don't think I'm putting in 3.9 gallons every time. I'm almost certain.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah most tanks allow you to top them off. If you filled a tank to the max you'd easily spill some gas. As to Shadow yeah I've never put 3.9 gallons in my tank. Once I road for 50 or so miles with my light on and filled it to 3.5. But usually it's around 2.5 or a lil more.

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My light came on about 15 miles ago and I just went and gave it alot of gas around some parkways. I honestly want to run out of gas right by a gas station. I'm sure it wont hurt the pump if it just shuts off. I wont try to start it again. Just so i know EXACTLY what it can hold ya. Make me feel better

1 - 20 of 31 Posts