Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a bit curious, just wanna know how many hp [8D] you got and which topspeed or best 1/4mile you have driven :D . I've got a 02 zx636r with 113hp no mods yet.
Topspeed measured: 162
1/4 mile: haven't done yet

Greetzzzzzz:D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
What kinda dyno machine did you get that reading on?

Just curious because the best actual dyno test I've seen so far of the 2003 stock was at 110hp.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Sport Rider tested their 2000 ZX6R test unit at 92.4 peak hp, and the 2001 at 95.2. They tested the 2003 636 at 107.5hp. Akrapovic shows stock 2002 ZX636R at 97hp, and the ZX600R for 2002 at 97hp (but less torque than the 636).

I'd like to get my 2003 on the same dyno that registered 113 for your 2002 stock. Dynojet machines don't normally read high like that. Nexus' results seem to be a lot more in line. Still, it's nice to have that printout to show people fastzx636r... I'd hang on to it.

Anybody else got a dyno test of their Euro-spec 2002 ZX636R ???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll will show you the test as soon as I've scanned it in because I don't have a scanner.
The model I drive should have normally 118hp on paper. I will even scan in some dyno tests from german magazines (motorrad) where you can see hp power is meassured 112hp. I understand you guys don't believe it
here are some specs I've got from kawasaki Belgium but it's in dutch

Motor 4-stroke, liquid cooled In-Line Four

Cylinderinhoud 636 cc

Kracht: 113pk, 118pk met ram air

Boring x Slag 68.0x43.8 mm

Compressieverh. 12.6:1

Kleppen DOHC,16 valves

Carburatie Mikuni BDSR36RX4 (K-Tric)

Ontsteking Digital

Starter Electric

Versnellingen 6-speed with Positive Neutral Finder

Frame Perimeter, pressed aluminium

Balhoofd/Loop 23.5°/95 mm

Slag vering, a/v 120/135 mm

Vering, a Bottom-Link UNI TRAK with gas-charged shock, with adjustable preload, 18-rebound/20-compression Vering, v 46 mm cartridge fork with adjustable preload and 12-way rebound & 12-way compression damping

Rem, a Disc with single-piston caliper - (220 mm) Rem, v Dual semi-floating discs with opposed 6-piston calipers - (300 mm)

Band, v/a Tubeless radial, 120/65 ZR17- 180/55 ZR17 L x B x H 2030 mm x 730 mm x 1175 mm mm

Wielbasis 1400 mm Zadelhoogte 820 mm

Inhoud benzinetank 18 l Gewicht 174 kg

Kleuren Lime, Red, Silver

Greetzzzzz:D

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
We know that horsepower figures mean little when bikes are dynoed on different dynos or different days. But if you must compare horsepower from different dynos, make sure you do not compare apples to oranges. For instance, Rrider's chart shows STD horsepower, which reads a bit higher than SAE horsepower.

Also, the definition of horsepower varies from country to country. Some European countries use metric horsepower, which is less than the standard in the US and also yields higher numbers.

When your bike is dynoed, insist on SAE horsepower and SAE torque on the vertical axes and rpm on the horizontal axis.

For more on horsepower, check out this thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 1996 F2 6r with full micron exhaust, no other performance mods (cant be sure if it has been jetted or not...dont think so). It registers 98hp (at the rear wheel) on a dyno run at STD setting and a top speed of 160mph. What do y'all think...not bad for a 96 model ?

Tim

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
... and further to what Rob said, no dyno testing is set up to accurately account for ram air assist. Some have SIMULATED ram air machines that blow air into the ram air ducts, but it still is not an accurate representation. Most reputable dyno tests will show a powerband curve WITHOUT ram air assist.

As has been said MANY times in the past, it's almost impossible to compare two different bikes on two different dyno machines. The only safe way is to test them back-to-back on the same machine. Sport Rider has said this year's crop of 600's was the first to break the 100rwhp on their dyno tests (except the 2002 GSXR600), and ALL FOUR did it. This year's group of 600 is the fastest ever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.