Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, quik question. im not trying to sell to anyone here, but i was wondering how much you think i could get for my bike. i ran into some money trouble and might need to sell it in the next couple of weeks.

1993 ZX-6E1 (2nd gear in mediocre condition)
Tagra smoke Windscreen
Fair condition full muzzy exhaust w/ jetted carbs
brand new, never used Pilot Powers, stock sizes
custom paint job (rattle can, but it looks decent/pretty damn good) red w/ black underside

non-important extras:
center stand
unpainted aluminum grab bar
poor condition old muzzy can and mid pipe
2 new starter-solonoids

also included if wanted:
tourmaster mesh jacket
HJC plain black helmet
HJC red designs helmet
alpinestars SMX gloves

shoot me any number you think is appropriate for all of this stuff. i want to get an idea of how much i should be asking for it if i do decide to sell. thanks guys. pictures soon to come.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm not sure, but older bikes don't sell well - $1k maybe depends on the miles. My brother just bought a Honda 600 (same year and relative condition) for $500. Probably better off to part out the good stuff, esp. with 2nd gear going out. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would it really be worth replacing 2nd gear? i mean, $350 for 2nd and 6th, plus either 100 man hours to take apart the engine, or pay the stealership a grand for the whole thing. then sell the bike for 2 grand? doesn't make much sence to me.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Originally posted by diverman241
would it really be worth replacing 2nd gear? i mean, $350 for 2nd and 6th, plus either 100 man hours to take apart the engine, or pay the stealership a grand for the whole thing. then sell the bike for 2 grand? doesn't make much sence to me.
100 man hours...LOL I could build a whole new bike!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.