Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...I was just wondering who you got your insurance through and how much. I got a pretty bad driving record (3 points) and I can only afford liability. I was wondering if I can get full coverage for cheep somewhere else.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i pay like 50ish dollars a month through state farm for full coverage. my car is also insured through them, but if you do a seach on insurance you should find lots of post on this topic

·
Registered
188 Posts
You guys kill me.. I have one point on my license and an otherwise perfect driving record. State farm won't insure me. Progressive wants $230mo for full coverage on an 06 ZX-6R. Geico wants $200 up front, then $139 mo for full coverage. I'm the safest motorcyclist i know and this is the shit i have to put up with. I'm 35 yrs old too. I've never had an accident or incident on a motorcycle or car.

Well three car accidents but nobody knows about them from 10 or more years ago.

·
Registered
293 Posts
'01 ZX6R $189/6 month
'83 GPz550 $68/6 months

Just minimum coverage, no comp. State Farm. 44.

I had full coverage on the ZX6r, was going to be like $390/6 mo. Raised deductable from $250 to $500 and it dropped to like $260.

Definitely look at the deductables, raising them reduces the rate considerably. If you get a low deductable, they assume that is because you will need more claims.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I live in an entirely different city, county, and state than you do, so my rates have absolutely no bearing on what you are likely to pay. Pull out that trusty phone book and shop around for rates in your area.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah and what the F does a person's credit history have to do with insurance? TYVM. I always pay my insurance premiums on time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
300 a year from Geico for full coverage on an 04. They said they just started a deal with kawi.

·
Registered
561 Posts
$180 a month with USAA, full coverage. Thanks to California law the insurance company has to include the bike with my car policy. Which is cool and saved me a bunch of money from other states.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.