Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
What does it matter that it has been taken to the track? Not much miles and good Buy it now price on it. Its worth the $7500.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think it would be a good buy for $6,500. But only if you live close enough to the seller to pick-up the bike yourself instead of dealing with the shipping hassle.

Try to bid to see if the reserve is in the mid-upper $6ks. I would not pay more than $6,500. He should throw in the Helmets and other extras for the $7,500 buy-it-now price and even then, I'd pay no more than $7,000; after all, this is the end of summer. You can get great deals this time of year if you're patient.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that's what I was thinking about paying no more than 6500-7000. The bike is in orlando and im in jacksonville so that's a big reason why I want to get it. I know I can bring him down.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think the $7500 is a screamin deal incl. the gear and add-ons. I'm going to pick up an 04 with 8G miles tomorrow (bone stock) for $6800 and no gear, no cowl. Give him a call and see if you can set something up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been emailing the hell out of this guy and no response(must be a busy man) but I'll probably end up buying the bike w/buy it now! Overall the bike looks pretty clean.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You need to re-read my prior post to you. Don't "Buy-it-now", because the reserve is likely lower than the buy-it-now price. Just bid for it and you will most likely get it cheaper than $7,500.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I got the guy to throw in the helmets and the jacket for a buy it now price of 7500 but I didn't buy it yet. I did find out that the reserve was 7200 and I'm currenlty the high bidder.

·
Registered
93 Posts
QUOTE: What does it matter that it has been taken to the track? Not much miles and good Buy it now price on it. Its worth the $7500.

It would make a difference to me. A track bike, means that it has spent lap after lap at or near redline. This takes a big toll to the bikes longevity. The higher you spin a motor, the less life it lives. A street bike doesn't have the time or space to spend that much time at/near redline.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Street bikes are basically race bikes with mirrors and idicators thrown on. Bikes can be revved the tits off for ages and thrashed, taken to the track ect. it all depends on how you look after it.

Sounds like a decent deal to me.

P.s Spending all time in the redline on a ZX10R at the track would be a big feat. I reckon he would have been going up and down the rev range alot.

·
Registered
93 Posts
QUOTE: Street bikes are basically race bikes with mirrors and idicators thrown on. Bikes can be revved the tits off for ages and thrashed, taken to the track ect. it all depends on how you look after it.

Like I said before, a street bike cannot be ridden on the street the same way it can on the track. I think this is pretty obvious. Cops and cars tend to get in the way on the street. Yes, street bikes are similar to race bikes, but the point you are missing is the way they are ridden. Everyone knows that revs and friction are what wear a motor out....no matter how well you take care of the bike. How many track stars ride bikes with 60,000+ miles on them, and I'm not talking about a weekend warrior? The motor in a track bike will not last near as long as a bike ridden on the street, given equal care. I could care less if you buy a track bike....just my .02.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well guy's I ended up paying $5,200 for the bike and pretty happy with it.

Bike:
2004 zx-10r
5800 miles
akro slip on
RSC damper
vortex adjustable foot pegs
pit bull stand
New icon matching helmet
New hjc matching helmet
Kawsasaki leather jacket

I'm kinda scared to know what lies ahead of me as far as speed but I'll be alright;)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Originally posted by 2KZX-9
QUOTE: Street bikes are basically race bikes with mirrors and idicators thrown on. Bikes can be revved the tits off for ages and thrashed, taken to the track ect. it all depends on how you look after it.

Like I said before, a street bike cannot be ridden on the street the same way it can on the track. I think this is pretty obvious. Cops and cars tend to get in the way on the street. Yes, street bikes are similar to race bikes, but the point you are missing is the way they are ridden. Everyone knows that revs and friction are what wear a motor out....no matter how well you take care of the bike. How many track stars ride bikes with 60,000+ miles on them, and I'm not talking about a weekend warrior? The motor in a track bike will not last near as long as a bike ridden on the street, given equal care. I could care less if you buy a track bike....just my .02.
I usually tend to agree with your opinions, but I have to dis-agree with this... stop and go is what kills bikes, and there is just as much if not more on the street. they are however made for racing, and made for high revs. theres nothing anywhere that says if someone rides @ 10,000 rpms everywhere it will die any sooner than someone who rides at 5,000 rpms.

with that said, unless it was completely devoted to the track, I'm sure theres been more miles added from street use than track use anyway, so I wouldn't let any track time scare you away from buying a bike. just make sure you look it all over and make sure everything it as straight as it should be.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well yeah I gave the owner 7200 for the bike but it was just my luck that I persauded this chick to give me 2000g's so I only came out my pocket 5200. If it wasn't for the 2g's, I probably would still be riding my 636. But hey 7200 isn't that bad but it isn't that good either. Anything I should know about this buke guy's that I haven't already read about?

As for the undertail, I think that ima end up getting the hotbodies but since the bike is green and black, I thought about getting the undertail in gloss black and leave the tail green. Do you guy's think that would be tight or should I STICK WITH A GREEN UNDERTAIL?

Just think that a black undertail would be different.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Stop and go driving is hard on the clutch and transmission. The more times a motor spins = more friction and wearing of parts. A race bike spins more "revolutions per minute" than a streetbike. A given motor can only make so many revolutions before it wears out, and a track bike will undoubtedly wear out much quicker. The time spent on the race bike is harder and causes more friction and wear to moving parts. This is why race bikes get rebuilt more often than street bikes.

This isn't to say you won't get quite a bit of life out of your bike, and I hope you do. Enjoy it! I wish I had it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.