Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would you pay for a 2001 Ninja 250.

Details:

model: Ninja 250
year: 2001
miles: 11K+
damage: minor fairing crack from being dropped a zero MPH
tires: great shape
modification: lowered 2.5"
also comes with: new RK Gold Chain + a set of soupys adjustable lowering links
clear title
asking price: $2600

That's the info I got from the ad. KBB prices it at $1955 if in excellent condition and below 10k miles.

The ad says price is firm, but I was thinking of making an offer at $1700 considering it's been dropped and it's a 2001. At least, just from looking at the info and not the bike in person, that's what I'm guessing. But I have no clue about this stuff... just what I've been reading online.

I wouldn't go look at it by myself. I'd take someone more knowledgeable with me.

But how much would you pay?

Oh, and here's the link in case you want to see the pics:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/786679015.html

·
Registered
177 Posts
okay first off... who lowers a Ninja 250... dont they have the lowest seat height to begin with??? secondly.. probally wouldnt pay 2600 for it although i see them go for that too often...

for mint shape 01 i would think about 2100 but thats not what i would wanna pay for it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
considering i'm looking at a 2006 with 4k miles tomorrow and i got him to 2000 from 2250, i'd say that's WAAAAY too much... and i'm also lookin at a black one for 2500 (06) also, but will prolly try to talk down to closer to 2200 if not lower

·
Registered
224 Posts
I know I've said this probably 5 times but i got my 07 with 16 miles on it for 2300 so i wouldnt offer anymore than 1600 maybe 1700 and tell them the fairing will be expensive to replace. Then ask what work has been done to it and if they dont say valves adjusted, carbs synched or anything else say that needs to be done and then bring the price down more. Dont act interested in it at all and walk away if needed after giving them your number and they'll more than likely fall in to your trap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.