Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking about ripping the flames and all the logo stickers. Then getting some reflective flames from tapeworks, but leaving the logo stickers off. Is this bike really a "limited edition" like I've read on some forums, if so how many are made, and whats the collectability of them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
the dealer by me had like 10 of them instock last time i was there, so i don't think they are very limited, do what you want with it, it isn't worth any more than regular zc6r's

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. I met a guy today on an 05 636, and he ripped all the decals off his and had it painted a burnt orange. Looked really smooth, and clean.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Ive heard they made 1 SE to every 3 of the other colors. I don't know how true that is, but so far from what I can tell there is nothing "special" about them. There are 5-6 of them in my little local corner of TN alone. I can just imagine everywhere else in the world where bikes are more popular.

·
Registered
470 Posts
IMO the bike would look 100X better without all those flame decals. the red rims will look all the more 'sicker' without all those flames distracting the beautiful lines of the bike.

·
Registered
639 Posts
IMO it would look best with everything removed just remember that if you have had you bike for awhile and you were in the sun alot under the sticker is gonna be darker cause the rest of the paint will be faded

·
Registered
151 Posts
i know fore a fact if i had the se i'd be rippin those flames off, sandin the tank down and paintin that boy... thats why i dont have the se :D i do have a green one and i still plan on custom paint soon... so sick of seeing the same bike as me in a pack of riders... by the way... i know the kawasaki logo is clear coated on the bikes so u might wanna check those flames and make sure they arent before u rip off the fairing flames cause then u might have a messy lookin tank with clean fairings just my $.02

·
Registered
39 Posts
Apparently there is only 100 in Australia. I've only seen 1 on the street and one in a show room here, besides my own. I painted my rims black because the red was to full on. I don't mind the stickers, it gets more looks then your standard green.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yes, the flames are clear coated over on the tank just like the Kawi sticker.

For those of you who think that it would look better with the flames off, I somewhat thought the same thing until I saw one around here that was done. It look HORRID. (just my opinion, you may love it) I hate to say it, but loose the flames, the titanium just looks a nsaty light gold and the red wheels don't match a thing. Totally kills the bike. I had toyed with the idea until I saw this guys. My flames are staying on reguardless of who likes or dislikes it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Razor_crazed
well if u rip the flames off, stick them to some paper and send me thtem!
I'm gettin' ready to trace 'em for you this weekend dude. Mine is the only one this color in the area, that I know of, so maybe I'll leave it alone. I get lots of comments about how "clean","sic", and "badass" my bike looks.Maybe someone can photochop a pic of an SE without all the decals so I can see what it looks like?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Originally posted by arowana1027

I'm gettin' ready to trace 'em for you this weekend dude. Mine is the only one this color in the area, that I know of, so maybe I'll leave it alone. I get lots of comments about how "clean","sic", and "badass" my bike looks.Maybe someone can photochop a pic of an SE without all the decals so I can see what it looks like?
lol here is a picture of what it would be, minus the lower fairing [sorry to whoevers bike this is dont mean to steal ur photo]

·
Registered
563 Posts
The SE is a Special Edition, NOT a limited edition. In fact, the black color scheme is far more limited than the SE. The SE does have a few pieces painted different colors, that caught my eye and I swapped onto my blue one. (Black case and clutch covers and exhaust rear piece) The shock and calipers are also different than the other schemes but I didn't see any cosmetic enhancement by swapping those.

Anyway, it will be difficult to remove the flames on the airbox cover as they are clearcoated and will require a wet sanding when you are finished. The rest of them should come of with a hair dryer. Good luck, and to each his own.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Razor_crazed

lol here is a picture of what it would be, minus the lower fairing [sorry to whoevers bike this is dont mean to steal ur photo]
Yeah, thats the 05 in the raw titanium. I looked a little closer at my bike and imagined it without the flames, and didn't like what I saw. I think I'll leave them on, the flames and especially the red rims are what drew me to get this color.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Originally posted by jerzefigga
IMO the bike would look 100X better without all those flame decals. the red rims will look all the more 'sicker' without all those flames distracting the beautiful lines of the bike.

That is exactly the same thing I said to my bro last night. If it didn't have the gay ass flames, I would love it. Leave the red decals and red rims.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Whats kool about the flames that everybodys missing is you can totally accent the bike in red and make it look sic, its obvious the color is not for everyone, its all good !!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.