·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
i think i might try that with the tach white and green speedo

·
Registered
187 Posts
GREAT WRITE UP-- reps your way
finally someone asnwers my prayer!!! i just finished doing the angel eyes myself w/ a buddy on my red 07 zx6r and was going to send my cluster out but if i can successfully do this for less than $10 i will be happy. looks easy enough just gotta find a solder gun now and read up how to solder. i'll be posting up pics of my angel eyes soon.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
for the white leds did you use the 1000 or the 150 brightness?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Well I got mine off ebay, they said they were 600-780 mcd. xxdevilzeroxx used the 1000 mcd leds I believe. Here's a comparison...

Mine

And his...

I'd say go with 1000 mcd. Mine actually looks closer to his in person though. The camera takes a little away from the quality.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
GREAT WRITE UP-- reps your way
Thanks. Much appreciated.

finally someone asnwers my prayer!!! i just finished doing the angel eyes myself w/ a buddy on my red 07 zx6r and was going to send my cluster out but if i can successfully do this for less than $10 i will be happy. looks easy enough just gotta find a solder gun now and read up how to solder. i'll be posting up pics of my angel eyes soon.
Check out the 2nd link I posted in my first post. That's really all you need to know. Just take your time. I got a 25 watt solder gun for about $8 from Lowe's and the solder was about $2 from radioshack. The leds cost about $10 shipped for 20. So I'd say look at about $20 for this project. Still well worth it when bluegauges.com charges $65 plus shipping to get there.

BTW, the angel eyes sound interesting. I'm looking forward to a thread about it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
is it me, the camera angle or what but that second pic of xxdevilzeroxx his tach is not dead on the 0 rpm... needs some adjustment.

I will create a thread here to show all us 07 6r owners how it looks on our bikes but a write up, ehh i guess i can just briefly explain what i did but the wiring was complicated, the way i did it but i didn't use any relay or anything but what came w/ the fan kit. I'll start the thread soon.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
ok im about to checkout on eled website the green i ordered is in stock but the white says 0 in stock. should i order anyway and hope they restock or backordered? i call and just get a machine.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
hey Tycar, are the leds marked SMT the same as SMD? will they work
I see that, i also want red and they are listed as SMT not SMD ....are they the same?
Yep they're the same thing. Both stand for surface mount leds. Just be sure the size you order is 3.5mm x 2.8mm.

ok im about to checkout on eled website the green i ordered is in stock but the white says 0 in stock. should i order anyway and hope they restock or backordered? i call and just get a machine.
I don't know what to tell you. I'd personally leave a message and send an email until I got a response. I'm sure they have some or they could get some, but I would wait until I knew for sure. Otherwise try another site.

Here are some others...

Unique-leds.com

DigiKey

Red on eBay

Green on eBay

Just do an eBay search for "plcc-2" Make sure they are 3.5 x 2.8. Also watch the mcd, some are saying 2000 plus, which is probably too bright.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
i just went ahead with the order. i ordered enough green to do the whole thing green in case the white is backordered. ill see what they email me once its processed.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
No problem... Here's another place to order from...

Oznium... great site BTW... I received my LED strip from them 3 days after I pruchased it.

21 - 40 of 137 Posts