Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
i just went ahead with the order. i ordered enough green to do the whole thing green in case the white is backordered. ill see what they email me once its processed.
With all the great reviews about eled I'm sure they'll come through for you.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
i just got an email saying order shipped tracking number and all but the site still has 0 quantity listed white. maybe they just havent updated it i guessill be surprised.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just ordered mine from the Onzium(sp?) website, said that it should be to me in about a week.
Total was $8.?? I already have a soldering iron and solder, so its eight dollars and some change plus my time to do this. I say its worth it

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
yup i been soldering since rc car days as a kid so it should be an easy cheap cool mod for me

·
Registered
100 Posts
yeah thats how I would get them off. just got mine ordered up from oznium cant wait to do this mod thanks again for this how to guys!

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
so is everyone going with all white or what? im getting 10 white and 10 green. i wanna do the speedo green to represent kawi since my bike is all black.

so anyone else doing colors?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like the idea on the green but is it realy going to be a kawi type green? or do you just want two colors. I was also thinking on a different color on the speedo but was a little nervous the light would bleed over to the other side ya know what im saying

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I like the idea on the green but is it realy going to be a kawi type green? or do you just want two colors. I was also thinking on a different color on the speedo but was a little nervous the light would bleed over to the other side ya know what im saying
if you look at the old link he refers to in the beginning of the post, and look through some of them, youll see the green looks nice and kawi lookin.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
how do you get the existing led off? heat up the solder?
Look at the second link I posted in my first post. Its very detailed. Short answer yes, just do it quickly.

yeah thats how I would get them off. just got mine ordered up from oznium cant wait to do this mod thanks again for this how to guys!
No problem. Post your pics in here when you're done!

so is everyone going with all white or what? im getting 10 white and 10 green. i wanna do the speedo green to represent kawi since my bike is all black.

so anyone else doing colors?
I might end up switching for a red tach. I still like the white lcd screen though.

Hey, this sounds like a good project. How much is the whole gauge cluster in case I mess it up? lol
LOL, there's one for $250 on eBay now. I wouldn't worry about it though. Just take your time and be careful and you'll end up with a great looking custom gauge cluster.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Look at the second link I posted in my first post. Its very detailed. Short answer yes, just do it quickly.
Cool, just the quick-n-dirty was what I was looking for. I am not doing this mod, so I didn't read all your juicy links; just something I was wondering about. Good write-up, man.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the great directions tycar just got mine done and they look sweet!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm going to start doing mine tomorrow. I had BlueGauges do my 954, but hey ... why don't I just do it myself, then I can do it for my friends if they want it.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
according to my tracking number mine come tommorrow

·
Registered
100 Posts
Awesome. Post up some pics!
trying to but it wont let me attach the file for some reason might be me though? I'll keep trying

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
trying to but it wont let me attach the file for some reason might be me though? I'll keep trying
upload them to photobucket and then copy the img code and paste it here

41 - 60 of 137 Posts