Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
nice work man, with the pictures and all....
it would be nice to have lots of these "walkthroughs" even for ...more common operations like oil change, coolant change(offtopic : i think i screwed up the coolant change, please PM me for help)....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great write up!!! I Followed it and this is what i ended up with this!!

Orange before Blue after

What does everyone think about the Rpm Gauge going
White, Yellow, Orange, Red?

Once again Great write up very easy to follow!!

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
If anyone is having trouble replacing the LED's under the display try using a desoldering tool otherwise called a solder sucker. Just heat up the solder with the soldering iron then use the spring loaded solder sucker to "suck up" the solder then remove the display, replace the LEDs then reinstall and display and resolder the pins.

·
Registered
653 Posts
quick question going to try this on my cluster. For those that did the RPMs in green, I was looking at someones picture that was in green and it looked like the redline doesnt really show with green LEDs, is that the case or is it just the pictures. I ordered 10 whites and 10 greens. Thinking about having the RPMs go from green to white to green and wanted to make sure the green up to next to redline will show good.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I love the way mines turned out....i did a shitty job soldering but all the LEDS work and thats all i care about...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has any one changed the shift light, fuel light etc if so what leds are they? Im super keen to do it but would perfer to do it all at once. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
879 Posts
Has anyone replaced the resistors to match the forward voltage output of the LED's they are installing?

Kawasaki OEM orange LED's I believe (need to look) use a much lower voltage to drive the output than say a white or red led would need. This will cause varying brightness (mcd) levels between different colors.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bumping a dead thread. Don't even know if the people who did this and were originally posting are still on this forum. My question is what is stopping you from taking the board apart completely instead of just bending it back and trying to work between it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you guys pry that lcd screen? I feel like mine is going to snap. I can pry it so little, it won't even give me any space to remove any of the lights behind it..

121 - 137 of 137 Posts