Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. so Ive decided to adjust my main jet, but in the service manual it does not show how to access it. It shows how to pull it out of it little vaccum boot and how to adjust the clip but not how to get to it. I have not removed the carbs, just have the airbox off, but im not really sure what to start removing. I dont see the boot, is it right in front of me and Im stupid, or is it under the carbs and they have to come off?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I am assuming you are going to shim the needles or adjust the clips. I think you can do that without removing the carbs although I did it on mine with with carbs off. If you have the airbox off you will see the four velocity stackes where the air enters the carb. Above that you will see four black plastic caps each held on with four screws. Take those four screws out and you will see a rubber diaphram. Gently take that out and the piston with the needle will come out. Be very careful with the diaphram as they cost about $100 apiece if you tear one.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! that is exactly what I needed to know it was the four black plastic caps that are not shown anywhere is the service manual. According to the book I can just shim it with a washer and somebody suggested a #4 from the hardware store but I have also seen a diagram of the clip type and that will be really simple. Thanks alot, I will be on it this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
When you take each of those caps off there will be a very small o-ring underneath. Sometimes they stick to the cap and sometimes to the carb. If you drop one of them it will be hard to find.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no problems, I found some #4 nylon washers to shim the needles that are perfect. My wife killed the battery in her car so I had to stop the carb work and test out her charging system, battery, blah, blah, blah. I will finish the carbs tonight but I washed the air filter while I was at it so I will have to wait till tomarrow for it to be dry enough to oil.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by melloyello
When you take each of those caps off there will be a very small o-ring underneath. Sometimes they stick to the cap and sometimes to the carb. If you drop one of them it will be hard to find.
Oh man, I read your post and went to check, sure enough I lost two of the four. I hope I can find them at Napa or a hardware store. Those things are tiny and hidden!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Allright, I found all of the little O rings, man that was a pain, I should have the bike back together tonight. Ever play OPERATION ? same thing just add grease.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I dropped one of mine and it fell under the starter. I didn't think I would ever find it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.