Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, how you go about removing the cat and making up for the space between the header and the midpipe. thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
there's already a how to in the how to section for this, you can gut it via screw driver and hammer or cut the top half off around the cat take out the cat (its kinda just like an insert) then get the top half welded back on. search i did it yesterday not to hard to pull it up

·
Registered
164 Posts
there's already a how to in the how to section for this, you can gut it via screw driver and hammer or cut the top half off around the cat take out the cat (its kinda just like an insert) then get the top half welded back on. search i did it yesterday not to hard to pull it up
I think he is talking about actually removing the whole cat and not gutting it...

From what I've looked at you or a shop would need to cut the factory collector off as it exits in an oblong shape. Then weld up a new collector that matches the rest of the piping diameter and have them add and bend a peice of pipe from there to match up to the mid-pipe... Really simple stuff

·
Registered
221 Posts
right probably. any who the cut and remove would do the same sept still have the buldge for the cat and would create more turbulence that the replace the whole section option. really any exhaust shop should be capable but will they is the question

·
Registered
61 Posts
Been considering this as well... Are their pros and cons to this? Power increase / Decrease / Hotter seat? Curious what the Results. Anyone.... Sorry for hijacking the post! ;)

Arioch

·
Registered
43 Posts
cut mine open and broke it out last week. I have a scorpion slip on, kn filter, and jumper mod done, and when i first rode it i couldnt belive how much more power it gained. theirs a flip side to this, i was running about 15 degrees hotter because it was so lean. i put my stock air filter back in and the power went back down with the temp. the only thing that i have now is a better sound. next im going to put a power commander on with the after market air filter to see what happens.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm..so sounds like PC3 is needed if this is done. not a problem. thanks for the advise and comments

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
hmm..so sounds like PC3 is needed if this is done. not a problem. thanks for the advise and comments
With the stock filter you will not need a pc3. Mine was slightly lean at very low rpms but at WOT and cruisin rpms the stock computer did a great job adjusting the AF.
You also won't get the power increase though without doing the filter too-breathing out better won't help much if the engine isn't breathing in better as well!

With a new filter then I would think you will need a pc3...those two things are next on my list along with a +2 rear to compliment the -1 front.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds good. let me know how the +2 works with your -1 front. im debating on this also

1 - 9 of 9 Posts