Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this is my first bike with USD forks and wondering if its as simple to swap the springs out of these as it is on conventional forks? Spin off the cap and pull the spring?

·
Registered
659 Posts
nope, you're going to need a few specialized tools. You'll need a spring compressor and some specialized theaded rod thing (sorry don't know the name, I work with a suspension tuner and just know how to use em') Pretty sure you can get both from racetech. You'll need the rod thing to bleed the air out of the valving after you change the fork oil. But, yea just check out racetech, i'm pretty sure I saw both on there before.

·
Registered
78 Posts
DO NOT USE RACETECH!!!!

Thier springs are VERY incosistant. Get springs from either Dan Kyle or Dave @ GP Suspension. I use GP stuff and have had GREAT luck with it.

You'll need 3 tools to *technically* do it right. A spring compressor, air bleed tool and a oil height tool. I'm glad I have all 3. I would change the shim stack while your in there. The 05/06 showas take well to slight changes in valving. Even with stock valves.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
do a search on ebay for traxxion dynamics, they sell all 3 as a set, for something like $70 US..

otherwise go to their website. Their cartridges kit ass by the way

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bought ohlins springs from someone on the board already. should do the trick but won't know until spring now since winter has hit early here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.