Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im thinking that popping the clutch it to squeeze it in, pull back throttle, then release the clutch compltely. if i do this im pretty sure im going to loo it. can someone write up a how to on clutching it up, cuz i could not find it in the search.

what gear, rpm, throttle position(WOT), sprockets?, etc., would be helpful.

oh, any info on the zx6r only please, since i know theres some articles out there on the liter bikes. mine has stock gearing.:D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
It has been discussed a few times here.
1)2nd gear-5,000rpm
2)WOT
3)clutch in and back out really fast. Use your index finger of index and middle"do not use whole hand" You do not want to pull the clutch all the way in maybe half. Just pull back about halfway and let your finger slip off of it.
4)when it comes up you can ease off the throttle and begin to feather it.

All of this takes place really fast. Like one or two seconds. WOT, clutch in-out, feather. And yes, keep WOT when you snap the clutch.

·
Registered
493 Posts
you want to bring the clutch just past its engagement point so the bike bike can rev past your wheels speed . you can't really give directions on what rpm works best because everyone weighs rides and does it differently, i personallly go to about 6k in 2nd and go wot then just literally tap the clutch real quick and up she comes;)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I was just giving him that rpm for a starting point. May not work best for him but it did for me. Now, I can bring it up at just about any rpm. You're right not everyone is the same though. That low rpm might keep him from looping it when he is first starting out. It will give him a feel of how the bike is going to react too.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so pull it in less than halfway? 2nd gear too.

i heard about bringing it up in second, but never understood what they meant(bouncing it up or clutching i mean)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also, WOT after i release the clutch until i reach the balancing point, or will i have to play with it to keep it standing[:I][:eek:)]:D

·
Registered
493 Posts
ya good looking out melloyello, i agree with 5k is a good place to start. i was just saying it's not where i do it. :D depending on how much u let it rev before u let the clutch back out u may have to go wot to get it up to the balance point or u may clutch it high enough that u just have to make throttle addjustmenss slightly because you almost there initially. i personally like to just rev it a little bit to get the wheel off the ground and then power the rest of the way up, im just more comfortable that way

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
how quickly do you burn through your clutch by wheeling like this?

·
Registered
52 Posts
get a pair of balls and ride and pop it to get the feel. ur not going to loop the damb thing in second. i was popping the clutch within the first month of riding. get on the bike and practice it shouldnt take more then an hour to figure out. me: 7500 clutch in 12000 pop= ride the bitch out.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you dont think i have a pair of big warm balls, pooh?;)

didnt know how to do it, and i wasnt asking for encouragement, just proper technique:D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
spartan 116 - Today : 2:40 PM

how quickly do you burn through your clutch by wheeling like this?
I have 6500 miles on mine and I took it apart and checked it out the other day and I have about another 1000 miles to go. But, when I hit about 2000 miles I really started practicing. For the past 4000 miles I have been clutching alot of wheelies. I do at least 20 everytime I go riding. And more than that when I go up to Rocky Mount where everyone meets up to showoff. And I have some burnouts and dragstrip time on them too.

·
Registered
493 Posts
no offense poohbear, but arturo dont just "get balls" and go try and ride out a wheelie, you can loop a wheelie 2nd no prob. if you can get a wheelie up you can loop regardless of the gear. pooh why do u think you "ur not going to loop the damb thing in second"? not trying to be a dick just curious... i've seen a few people loop it in 2nd

·
Registered
52 Posts
for starters, my first message was to encourage ur riding. and to tell u what range i use to get a 2nd gear wheelie. drmannewman, if u pop the clutch the way i have said, the front wheel comes up at a slow speed and there is plenty of time to react and get off the throttle if u get to the balance point or before it, this why i said you will not loop it. i should have said shouldnt loop it, huh? finally, arturo ur balls r your business. balls = guts bro. so practice up and you ll get it in no time. my first message was just to encourage. so everyone please relax.... its nothing personal. arturo let us know how u make out...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hey, I looped a standup in second. It doesn't matter what gear you are in. All you have to do is go a little too far and not get on the brake. If you get on the brake you will still lose it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.