Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove the ZX-6R & Ninja stickers on my '03. Anyone know the easiest way to go about this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sap

·
Registered
251 Posts
[}:)] I just let mine bake in the southern california sun for about 30 minutes and they peeled right off. Just be sure to peel them off very slowly and most of the glue should come off with the decal.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
A heat shrink gun works wonders as they usually have a beveled nozzle so you can concentrate the heat in a smaller area. A hair dryer works too, but takes a little longer to heat the sticker. Be careful not to overheat and melt any of the plastic.

Some Goo Gone will help clean up the tape residue if you didn't get the sticker warmed up enough. And peel slowly.

-Flash

And like CDR mentioned, DONT mess with the decals on the tank.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Just peeled mine off. If you don't want to buy any Goo Gone, use WD-40. Worked for me! You can also use it as Bug & Tar remover!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Label & Sticker Remover... I mean, it's made for it. Found it over at Autozone. Basically breaks down the glue under the sticker, then everything slides right off. Great stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.