Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
The one for my 03 was under the battery tray mounted to the subframe around the shock area. I just uncliped mine, opened it up, took the weight out and snapped it back together.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
That sensor will keep your motor from destroying itself in a crash when the bike lands on it side and you are knocked out.

I have yet to have a tip over sensor problem. Most race orgs require them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comment Ernie, I had heard of stories about them kicking in during a turn and causing crashes. I will leave it until I see a reason to turn it off.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The AFM requires them and I have not heard of a single incident. I heard of a few with the early GSXR 1000s.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Rob,

I was supposed to be there, but cancelled because my Aprilia has a cracked swingarm (there is a recall in progress already in Europe).

Thanks to your generosity in letting me try your bike on the track, I just bought an '05 636 and I am converting it to a trackbike.

I will give you a call Sunday.

I am set for 5-6 days w/ [email protected] in April including Laguna Seca on 4-3.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I'll be at the Laguna event, and both Sears Point events with my SV and my 636. Just got new bodywork and got it painted, kinda neat to have a clean bike. New Leathers and a new helmet. I'm gonna be Mr Clean for awhie :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.