Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
theres a removal tool. Try some of your northern tools or harbor freight and they may have the wiring removal tool. Otherwise you will be there for HOURS.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Paper clip!! Bend a paper clip straight and then insert it at the wire end...above the wire. There is a little clip you must push down towards the wire. Push the wire into the plug as this will release pressure on the clip. It is a little tricky but once you get a couple done you should be able to get the rest easy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Paper clip!! Bend a paper clip straight and then insert it at the wire end...above the wire. There is a little clip you must push down towards the wire. Push the wire into the plug as this will release pressure on the clip. It is a little tricky but once you get a couple done you should be able to get the rest easy!
+1

·
Banned
347 Posts
Basically the terminals have a barb on them, like a fish hook and once it catches (latches in) theres no going back unless you buy the tool a previous poster mentioned. I have one of them, but can't remember where I bought it years ago. It is round, and has numerous different shaped pins on it that once slid in the terminal block, it will release the barb and the terminal will pull out.

But be warned, even with such a tool I have had problems with Jap stuff and and a VERY VERY small flat blade electronic screwdriver pressed in would release the barb.

I will make a pix of mine later tonight if no on else beats me to it.

JJ

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put this tool into the front of the plug (opposite side of wires), as in first pic?

·
Banned
347 Posts
I put this tool into the front of the plug (opposite side of wires), as in first pic?
Yes, it should slide into the female end and release the pin so you can pull it out the backside..

Be carefull poking around in there until you figure it out so you don't damage it unless the one your removing them from won't be reused.

I also just ordered me a set of these from Snap On. I'm a tool magnet also.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...=17634&supersede=&store=snapon-store&tool=all

JJ

·
Banned
347 Posts
Not cool man.

You must have a mental problem.

Reference to Jap / Japanese is not an insult.

But be warned, even with such a tool I have had problems with Jap stuff and and a VERY VERY small flat blade electronic screwdriver pressed in would release the barb.

There is no insult in such a statement.

JJ

·
Registered
97 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

In the United States, Japanese Americans have come to find the term controversial or offensive, even when used as an abbreviation.

If you want to use an abbreviated version of Japan or Japanese, please use JPN, or strain your fingers to type the few extra letter. In the context you used it in I read it as calling the Japanese part sub-standard, therefor derogatory.

·
Banned
347 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

In the United States, Japanese Americans have come to find the term controversial or offensive, even when used as an abbreviation.

If you want to use an abbreviated version of Japan or Japanese, please use JPN, or strain your fingers to type the few extra letter. In the context you used it in I read it as calling the Japanese part sub-standard, therefor derogatory.

wikipedia :Laughing rolling:

First of all, I think its clear to "most" anyone I did not use term Jap to be meant as offensive or controversial or derogatory, simply to describe what "brand" of connectors as in Jap, Japanese brand, I sometimes have problems with removing the terminals from.

Second of all, with all the different races and culturals in this world, there is NO WAY I am going to try to keep up with what words this race or this cultral is offended by, especially by certain spelling of the word.

So I could care less if you were offended.

People in this world need to stop being so easily offended. People who are, are just weak and show that weakness by admitting it.

JJ

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wikipedia is a great tool, and any decent article cites it sources for verification purposes, as that article does.

I never said that I was offend, I just am telling you that some people would be, and that using that term isn't cool. I do the same in a bar or restaurant if someone is dropping other racial and ethnic slurs.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Wikipedia is a great tool, and any decent article cites it sources for verification purposes, as that article does.

I never said that I was offend, I just am telling you that some people would be, and that using that term isn't cool. I do the same in a bar or restaurant if someone is dropping other racial and ethnic slurs.

And thats going to get you seriously hurt one day, if not killed. :violent:

Its easier to swallow Pride than to swallow Blood!

Something you need to learn.

JJ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts