Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'd like to take out the foam that's inside of my Yoshimura CF RS3 muffler. Does anyone has a step by step instructions? Because I don't want to ruin my muffler.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i cut the rs-5 yoshi down 4", and took some packing out of the can as well. the can looks awsome, i love the way it looks, but the sound some times gets irritating.

if i were you, i would keep the packing in the can. keep it quiet, you will get irritated with the sound of the noise on long trips.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a yosh on mine and it wasnt loud enough so i took about 3\4 of the packing out and its still not loud enough..i want D&D(dont flame me just like loud bike) loud. Maybe i can find someone wanting to trade pipe is about 1000 miles old

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
not flaming just a question...why do people try to make their bikes really loud? if you say "for safety reasons" i can understand but i cant imagine anything more annoying than going on a 5 hour trip and being nearly deaf when you finish.

guess im just tryin to understand why people try to make their bikes really, really loud.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon
not flaming just a question...why do people try to make their bikes really loud? if you say "for safety reasons" i can understand but i cant imagine anything more annoying than going on a 5 hour trip and being nearly deaf when you finish.

guess im just tryin to understand why people try to make their bikes really, really loud.
+1 I'm all down for loud ass rumbling american muscle car engines, but aftermarket cans on motorcycles all seem to be whiny loud when your going fast...so whats the deal with wanting louder.

Sounds like another headache starter to me.

·
Registered
452 Posts
on mine all you have to do is drill out the pop rivits and you can take the tip off, then the baffel will slide out. then just do whatever you want to do to the insides and put it back together with new pop rivits, just make sure you dont use steel ones or else they will rust.

·
Registered
96 Posts
listen i have a stock muffler on my zx6r and it sounds louder than my friends 750 and 1000 gxsr with yosh pipes. dont be that anoying guy going down the street sounding like a lawn mower.

·
Registered
891 Posts
i cut over 1/2 of my can off and took the packing out. it's loud as hell, but my can was broken and it looks fuckin tight now. allmy boys with aftermarket pipes say they hear mine over theirs on the hwy. [}:)]

sorry i got no instructions for ya.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why make it louder?

For those of you saying it sucks for long trips... well, it's a sports bike, it wasn't meant for long trips to begin with. I want it louder because I love the sound of my friends bike (also carburated).
I want it louder not for safety reason, but for fun reasons. I like the attention lol I guess that's just my opinion on loud sports bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.