Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
261 - 264 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I need a new wiring harness for this, i emailed BKMOTO, but i figured i'd also ask here if anyone knows where i can get one?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
It seems like from reading the installation instructions that there should be pictures and files and stuff attached however I cannot see any of them. I'm trying to install my lights right now but I'm running into problem after problem because I can't find any visual or more detailed instructions. Currently, I'm trying to install the projectors with halos into the headlight housing, however, the only ways I can install the right side projector will result in the beam being angled. The left side did not have any problems like this. Is there supposed to be dedicated "left side" and "right side" projectors? From looking at the threads on the back for installing the projector onto the reflector in the housing, I believe my problem would be fixed if the notches/cut-outs were instead on the other side. PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your projector is now mounted!

Mount the second projector using the same above steps

Projectors are mounted and we can close up the headlights.
Reheat the glue on the headlight body and lens with the heat gun, then press the headlight together.
Wrap some painters tape around the headlight tightly, and let it cool down for 30mins.

If using oven method, then put the lenses back onto the headlight, press them in lightly, not all the way.
Place headlight on a towel and into the oven at 225F for 5 minutes, remove hot headlight from the oven and press lenses firmly together.
wrap painters tape around tightly and let it cool down for 30mins.

Here is the result:

The rubber dust caps need to be slightly modified to fit the new hid bulb rubber seal.
Cut off this piece

Insert HID bulb into the dust cap, and secure the rubber seal

Now we need to fish the two white halo wires and the red/black wires through the remaining two holes on the rubber seal.
The white halo wires wont have a plug on them, but the red/black wires will, and the plug needs to be removed.

To remove the plug, you need to insert a needle or a hair clip into the small opening in the front of the plug just above the pin, and press down untill you get the pin out.
This part is a little tricky, especially the first few times you do it.

here is the pin that you will be removing, look at the little flap in the middle, this is basically what needs to be pushed down inside the plug for the pin to come out.

Once plug is removed, fish the wires through the two holes.

secure the HID bulb in the projector, using the tiny screw that you removed previously
and put the connectors back on the wires.

After you mount the headlight you can adjust the height of the beam with the two rear adjustment knobs.
I recommend simply to adjust them as far down as possible, which is pretty close to what it should be.
Be very careful and do not over spin the adjustment knobs, they are connected to very delicate plastic inserts, and if you strip them you wont be able to adjust them any more,
so if you feel more resistance, then it cant go any more.

I can’t see any of the pictures:/

261 - 264 of 264 Posts