Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

just brought some leds signal lights online and the problem is that you cannot see them blink during the day (especially on a bright sunny day)

any cheap mods to make them more visible?
im thinking of tinting the clear plastic or maybe putting yellow cellophane inside the case to make them more visible

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
You must have gotten some low quality led's because every set of led signals that I have had were super bright. What kind are they?

·
Registered
801 Posts
no mod to make them brighter, just buy some quality turn signals. stay away from INTL stuff

·
No Regrets
497 Posts

·
No Regrets
497 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
I used Rizoma Zero-11s for my rear turn signals. This is how they look on my bike:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Custom LED has all kinds of LED replacements for regular bulbs. The 194 marker lights I got were actually much brighter than regualr 194 bulbs, as are the other ones. No heat, less draw too. The only thing you have to watch for is if you replace all the turn signal bulbs with them, your signals may blink much slower.
They have pretty much anything you might want. Customled.com

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for all the suggestions, i need some with 'stalks' cause the license plates we have in australia are pretty wide

·
No Regrets
497 Posts
thanks for all the suggestions, i need some with 'stalks' cause the license plates we have in australia are pretty wide
I don't know how strict Australia's rules are but I did an integrated (tail light and blinkers in one) and it looks clean. Some places have rules that your blinkers have to be 6-8 inches apart. I just throw on some to get past the rule, when I am due for an inspection, then take them off after. Same thing applies with most integrateds though, you'll pay a little more to get a quality one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know how strict Australia's rules are but I did an integrated (tail light and blinkers in one) and it looks clean. Some places have rules that your blinkers have to be 6-8 inches apart. I just throw on some to get past the rule, when I am due for an inspection, then take them off after. Same thing applies with most integrateds though, you'll pay a little more to get a quality one.
yea i was actually going for an integrated tail light but i heard alot of people cant tell the difference between the left and right lights since their so close together so i decided to use normal signals to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a customled integrated tail light, and yes there is a minimum distance rule for blinkers in AUS, well at least in NSW anyway. Lucky I can do my own registration inspections :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts