Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just figured out my bike is from California. How do I remove the evap pump and canister from this thing without messing anything up, any website links that describe it in detail for a dummy? Already asked the dealer, they said they wont touch it, even though I am not in California.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I live in California and ride a california emmision bike. I have talked to alot of people about this and read some articles in cycle mags and kawi web site. The differance is about 1-2hp. You won't feel the diferance in power or weight. Why bother? Do you race? I ride everyday. If my bike was missing 2+hp I wouldnt care I am still not maxxing out the bike (I do try tho, believe me!). I beat or come close to beating all the 750's at the drag strip. If the ZX6R isn't fast/light enough for you, you must be an awesome rider and should get a bigger or better bike. If you still need the 1-2hp. Get a good pipe and jet kit.
pieceout

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could give a shit about the 2hp, this bike exceeds any riding ability I have or will probably ever have in my lifetime. The reason is I bought a used fuel tank for it, mine was damaged, and the CA version has 3 vapor lines. One is the overflow drain like all bikes have and the other two are for the emissions system, the new tank doesn't have the other two hookups on it. What the bike shop did tell me however is that I can just couple the two vacuum lines together that come off the fuel tank and all should be ok. I was just thinking of removing the entire system for simplicity sake, less things to break!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Simplicity is the key. The emissions crap just adds to the number of hoses to deal with. I'm with you, take it off. I haven't yet, hoping for a concise description of what's necessary.

Diirk
'99 ZX6R
'02 Raptor
'01 Wolverine
'87 Radian

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told to just follow all the vacuum hoses back to the engine and remove them, then make sure to cap the vacuum taps on the engine to avoid vacuum leaks. I actually found special vacuum caps at an auto store. I would just like to hear from someone who has actually done this procedure though, just to make me feel a bit more confident.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'll be doing it this weekend. Unfortunately, I won't be able to test the bike since it's currently in pieces.

Diirk
'99 ZX6R
'02 Raptor
'01 Wolverine
'87 Radian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.