Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I lost my key with the tag on it. went over to the dealer with registration, and they said they cant do anything without the tag. I've been told i can find it if i take apart the ignition or rear compartment lock. whats the best way to find the key tag? thanks guys

Mitesh

·
Registered
268 Posts
You didn't happen to write the tag number down in your owners manual did you? My 03 has a spot in it to write all the numbers, frame, engine, and further in, the key.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
I am going to tell you before you get flamed...do a search and you'll find your answer. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but your key code is on your lock for your rear set and there is a topic on how to get that code....Good luck

http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65038

·
Registered
338 Posts
go back to the dealership and show the vin number. bring identification with ya and you should be good to go.. just have to pay $$$ for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Maybe it was his browser playing tricks. HAs happened to me a couple of times with my emails. I click send and the next screen comes up as "page not found". So I hit "back" and send again only to find out that the mail has now been sent twice. Better that than risking not sending it at all! Something similar might have happened.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.