Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm am totally new here and I am a new owner of a 2 week old ZX6R!

Can anyone offer advise on how to remove the stickers on the ferrings?
Safely without damaging the paint preferrably.

Thanks in advance all!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
You want to heat the sticker. The best thing to use would be a heat gun, but a hair dryer will do, just start heating the sticker, after a couple of minutes, try to peel the edge. You want to peel slowing, as you are heating the sticker. As your bike is new, it should peel very easily.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Goo Gone is very important, I like "Oops" better it seems to really get anything off very very easily. I removed all the stickers from both fairings on my '01 because i'm getting it repainted...I kinda really like the solid look too.

Good luck man, it takes some elbow grease!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I wouldn't recommend a heat gun, one small mistake and your fairing will be damaged - it's too powerful.

A hairdryer held at 2-4 inches away from the sticker will work perfectly. Some people use finger nail polish remover for the residue but like stated above - go with WD-40 or something less harmful.

Congrats on the bike!

·
Registered
940 Posts
I just lifted the edge and pulled out at a 90 degree angle....left a little residue that was easily removed by a coat of wax...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was thinking about doing this to my bike also. However I was a little concerned. I have a 2001 zx-6r. I've had it for about a year. I bought it in TX and at the time, she had to sit out in the sun most of the time. (i know i know) So, I was worried that if I pulled the stickers off that the plastic under them would be a different color? Has anyone had this happen to them? Do I need to worry about that? Also, I'd really like to see what it would look like before I go through all the work peeling them off, so if anyone has some pics, I'd love to see them. I have an 01 6r, green. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.