Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading the thread above... I went to check out my Yoshi slip-on and it appears that mine came with the silencer already on the muffler. However, my silencer has a black end (where it says "Yoshimura") instead of a red end that seems to be the case for the full exhaust. Its interesting to note that the instructions do not mention the silencer at all... it was already installed when it came.

I am guessing that the silencer on the slip-on is also removable... so I took off the rubber plug from the bottom, unscrewed the screw that holds the silencer with the muffler... and now I can't seem to pull that sucker off. How do I remove it??? Just pulling it doesn't seem to do the trick... is this one non-removable? :confused:

Pic taken from the previous thread...

·
Registered
22 Posts
get some mofo pliers, open them up into the opening and tug??

could be some loctite on there (could be from factory)

does it even budge?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
get some mofo pliers, open them up into the opening and tug??

could be some loctite on there (could be from factory)

does it even budge?
It barely spins... can move it maybe 2 to 5 degrees... up and and down it moves maybe 1-2mm. Its tight as hell... so I'm starting to wonder if its not removable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It barely spins... can move it maybe 2 to 5 degrees... up and and down it moves maybe 1-2mm. Its tight as hell... so I'm starting to wonder if its not removable.

after a quick hunt, i was unable to find anything mentioning anything about the removal of the silencer....

but this

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you tried spraying it with something to see if it helps loosen it up? How long has the can been on there?
Been on for less than 100 miles. The silencer was already in place when I received the slip-on from Yoshi.

I did try using a flat head screw driver and all I achieved was scratching the black ring (where it says Yoshimura).

·
Registered
331 Posts
oh just to clear things up. i have a full system and the tip comes in black. i think i have a newer production model.

or after some use the tip turns red?

·
Registered
109 Posts
try getting it a little warm after a small ride. Things become much more pliable when hot

·
Registered
720 Posts
I pulled mine out...Yoshi doesn't sound good without the silencer. I noticed no power gain whatsoever except gaining that lawnmower noise. Leave it alone in there and enjoy your bike as is.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I pulled mine out...Yoshi doesn't sound good without the silencer. I noticed no power gain whatsoever except gaining that lawnmower noise. Leave it alone in there and enjoy your bike as is.

I just left it in... couldn't get the sucker out and was sick of messing with it :p.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts