Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Put you gear on. Helmet is a must. Safety first.

2) Lean over and engage the front brake lever and mount your motorbike from the left side and stand it up. Kick the kisk stand back. It is now safe to disengage the front brake.

3) Check your kill switch and fuel tap and make sure they are both in the "On" possition.

4) Insert key into the ignition and turn to the "Start" possition.

5) Engage the clutch with your left hand, make sure your bike in in neutral, then with you right thumb, press the start button untill your bike is running.

6) With you left foot, press jently on the gear lever untill your bike in in first gear.

Now your ready to ride.

7) Get familiar with the friction zone of your bike. Keep in mind that ALL bikes are different.

8) When the bike begins to urch forward DON'T PANIC, just give your bike some throttle untill you get to a comfortable roll. When up to speed it is now safe to let go of the clutch lever all the way. You did it!!! You are now riding a motorcycle.

Switching gears.

9) Disengage the cluth by simply pulling the clutch lever inward while simultaneously closing the throttle.

10) Place the toes of you left foot under the gear lever and just flip the lever up once all the way. Then engage the clutch and give it some gas.

Just give this some practice and you are bound to get used to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,213 Posts
i decided not to allow this in the "how to" section since its not really technical info. good info, but not technical.
 

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
Joined
·
10,796 Posts
I haven't ridden in 6 weeks but AFAIK, it isn't necessary to engage the clutch while starting the bike, right? I don't think I ever did....
 

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
Joined
·
8,215 Posts
Shouldn't this be in the 'Newbies' section or something? I'm confused.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon
I haven't ridden in 6 weeks but AFAIK, it isn't necessary to engage the clutch while starting the bike, right? I don't think I ever did....
No clutch necessary when it's in neutral. If you're starting it in gear, the kickstand has to be up and the clutch has to be all the way in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,642 Posts
There was a local kid (very young, first bike) who asked "how do you turn these things?" because he couldn't get the bars to turn when he was moving at any sort of speed.. :D

guess what he was riding......

busa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,978 Posts
HAHA! Adam, I know who you're talking about! I ran into him at the cycle shack. It's just a matter of time for him, seriously.
 

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
Joined
·
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL
There was a local kid (very young, first bike) who asked "how do you turn these things?" because he couldn't get the bars to turn when he was moving at any sort of speed.. :D

guess what he was riding......

busa.
[:0]

[:M70]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
950 Posts
I do it a lil different.

1. Bike always parked up on rear stand with kickstand in up position and kill switch set to "run"

2.Jump from 2nd floor window and land "cowboy style" on seat, at same time turning key to "on" and hitting starter switch.

3. Using momentum gained from #2 and never letting feet hit the ground, lean forward rolling bike off rear stand while simultaneously going WOT and dumping clutch.

4. Maintaining front wheel at 11 o'clock through 3rd gear then gently put it down at 185 mph actual.

5. Turn around and go back home because I forgot to put on my gear (flip flops, wife beater, and shorts).

[8D] C'mon, you know someone had to do it! [:p]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,663 Posts
Originally posted by MRWGLO92
I do it a lil different.

1. Bike always parked up on rear stand with kickstand in up position and kill switch set to "run"

2.Jump from 2nd floor window and land "cowboy style" on seat, at same time turning key to "on" and hitting starter switch.

3. Using momentum gained from #2 and never letting feet hit the ground, lean forward rolling bike off rear stand while simultaneously going WOT and dumping clutch.

4. Maintaining front wheel at 11 o'clock through 3rd gear then gently put it down at 185 mph actual.

5. Turn around and go back home because I forgot to put on my gear (flip flops, wife beater, and shorts).

[8D] C'mon, you know someone had to do it! [:p]
sounds about right! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL<br>


No clutch necessary when it's in neutral. If you're starting it in gear, the kickstand has to be up and the clutch has to be all the way in.
Depends on the make of your bike. I know my 06 GSX-R1000 you have to pull in the clutch to start it kickstand up or down, neutral or whatever combination. It wont start period without pulling the clutch in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
Originally posted by AlexRZVSP
I need a "How not to piss on the toilet seat" anyone have a write up?
yep questions like why are we here? are we alone in the universe? what is my life all about? How not to piss on the toilet seat? ....all of lifes mysteries
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top