Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

took my carbs apart to try and get my bike running more smoothly and found out its got a dyno jet kit in it and im looking for info on how to set these things up. As it looks like the previous owner had a different can on before i owned it when it was time to sell he put the standard can back on and didnt reset the carbs that explains it running like crap. to be honest i dont have any idea about these kits as i understand there are several kits so if i need to know which kit it has before i can go any futher are there any tell tale signs to find out when kit i have.

many thanks

·
Registered
823 Posts
Rusty,

Here is a link to the pdf installation instructions for the Dynojet kit for the 98-99 ZX6R.

http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/2189.pdf

The kit for your bike uses different needles, main jets, and slide springs compared to stock. It also changes the idle mixture screws adjustment. Check the small number stamped into the exposed end of the main jets installed in your carbs. If the # falls in the range that Dynojet lists in their instructions then you probably have their kit. The stock Mikuni jets use a different numbering system from the Dynojet parts. If you plan to run your stock muffler and headpipes than you'll need to check with your Kawi dealer and purchase the main jets and needle/clip that came stock on your model and year. Good Luck! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.