proud wannabe
148 Posts
been said already. just get a 98-02 zx6r stand or 03-07 zzr600 stand

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I did this acouple of months ago...

Side stand (kick stand) compatibility
Did some research (if this was done before, sorry) and here is a list of all stands that will fit your 2007-2008 zx6. Please keep in mind you will/may have to modify the stand in order for it to fit on your bike.

1998 (G1) zx6
1999 (G2) zx6
2000 (J1) zx6
2001 (J2) zx6
2002 (J3) zx6
2005 (J4) zx6

2006 -08 zzr600

1998 (C1) zx9
1999 (C2) zx9
2000 (E1) zx9
2001 (E2) zx9

·
Registered
413 Posts
I did this acouple of months ago...

Side stand (kick stand) compatibility
....Please keep in mind you will/may have to modify the stand in order for it to fit on your bike.
When then isn't that defeating the whole purpose of your "compatibility" list? If you have to mod it from what you bought it to install it, then its not exactly compatible.:Damn:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
When then isn't that defeating the whole purpose of your "compatibility" list? If you have to mod it from what you bought it to install it, then its not exactly compatible.:Damn:

The mod is just removing a couple of bolts and replacing the actual stand....about 10 mins worth of work.......the "compatibility" is reagrding whick actual stand will work with the stock bracket.:eek::D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Then why did you say you would have to modify some of them to fit your bike if they're just bolting up? You're confusing me. Do you have to modify them, or not?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Then why did you say you would have to modify some of them to fit your bike if they're just bolting up? You're confusing me. Do you have to modify them, or not?

if your "confused" then don't try to figuring it out.....ask a 6 yr old for some help.

·
Registered
442 Posts
The mod is just removing a couple of bolts and replacing the actual stand....about 10 mins worth of work.......the "compatibility" is reagrding whick actual stand will work with the stock bracket.:eek::D
so u put list of kickstands that will work but also but some will need modification to fit, to me that means: Not Compatible..Which one needs modification, which one doesn't? Or did you mean something else?

·
Registered
60 Posts
What he's saying is buy the kickstand, take the stand off the old mounting bracket, and bolt it on to your bike's existing mounting bracket. It took me the whole of 10 minutes using an 05 zx6r stand.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah, the 05 zx6r, and the current gen zzr600 will both bolt up. We were talking about him saying some of the stands need to be modded to bolt up to the stock connector. Thats where we were asking which ones, b/c it would just be easier to get the zzr 600 or such.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thought this might be the best place to ask. if I replace the stand with a stand from a 98, do I need the switch as well?
or can l just use the the switch off my 07? will it fit???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts