Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I lowered my KLX front and rear to an unsprung seat height of 30 inches, I simply cut the stand and welded a foot onto it. :)

A lowered bike chassis corners unbelievably well because the rider is also lower.

·
Registered
108 Posts
There's now an ADJUSTABLE, CNC, ALLOY side stand from China that sells here in Canada on Amazon.ca for $66CDN (= $52US) shipping included. You get non-corrosive aluminum, lighter weight, adjustability, and better appearance.

I ordered one for my ZX-6R. I am not sure what models it is available for. But OP, this IS the ZX-6R subforum you have posted in!:)

Jim G

·
Registered
108 Posts
Follow-up on the Amazon.ca Chinese sidestand: Not a good option for my ZX-6R as it turns out.

The Amazon.ca ad targets the ZX-6R as compatible, and technically that is true. BUT, it leans the bike at TOO steep an angle, unless you use the very last hole available in the adjustment range, and that, in my opinion, leaves too little overlap between the main body of the sidestand and its small diameter extension. I just did not feel it was robust enough at that setting, and felt that at the next setting, the bike was already too visibly leaned, which puts a lot of extra load on the sidestand. So, I went back to the OEM stand.

On the plus sides, that Chinese stand was gorgeous in appearance, would be greta for a bike that has been lowered, and it weighs almost exactly HALF of what the OEM sidestand weighs, which means a 0.40 lb weight saving. Too bad. If the stand was just a half inch longer, it would be far more suitable.

Jim G

21 - 24 of 24 Posts