Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
self explainatory how do i get the ignition off the triple.
the two bolts ont have any way to get them off no hex hed allen key or anyting that i can see.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
No, you have to pull the top triple, once you get it off you will see the two bolts that hold the ign in. The bolts are torque to yield tamper bolts. When they screw them in the reach a certain torque point and the bolt head snaps off so that Mr Thief cant just unscrew them and repalce the ign with the one that he has that has his key.

They should unscrew if you can get a good centered start on them with a reverese easy out drill bit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes its stolen.

no my triple is has DB(dirt bike) bars and holes drilled in it for mounting them. im changing it back to clip ons and bought a new triple without holes and stuff so it looks nicer.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
You bought a RR with dirt bike bars? Some strange people out there doing some odd stuff to bikes these days.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
u get that bike off susa? dude had an 03' for sale there. dam shame to see the RR's stunted, they don't sell many of'm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
sneakyws6 answered you question exactly right. I did do this about 2 months ago because my bike did almost get stolen. The bolts are threaded and very hard material. Use a drill bit or center punch and dimple the center the best you can. Then get yourself an easy-out. The bolts are not in there all that tight. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.