Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search on this but all I've found is info on other bikes or discussions regarding what people do with their helmets. The manual only shows a diagram, it does not have any instructions.

From just guessing I would think that you would place the rings from the helment strap under one hook, but is there also a way to place the strap with the button under a hook, or do you just use one strap and replace the seat?

·
Registered
60 Posts
one strap and make sure the ring is well under the hook and dont force the seat down. I heard of peoples getting stuck. Its in the manual btw.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I wouldn't leave my helmet on my bike man - just too many idiots out there who can cut the D-ring and take your helmet. I used to do it on my 250 but after what happened I'm not doing it anymore.

·
Registered
52 Posts
is that on the '08 250? i have to look at the manual, i didn't even know there was a hook under there! i know my 600 had a hook, and i had to make up a hook on my old 250 because my helmet kinda rested on the exhaust with the original hook. i'll have to go check it out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
is that on the '08 250? i have to look at the manual, i didn't even know there was a hook under there!
Don't know if this is true on the '08 but there are actually 2 hooks on the '09. One on each side.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Kelly the pics help a whole lot.

Yes I thought about someone cutting the ring especially on expensive helmets, but I typically do not leave my hemet on the bike unless I am at work (I park near the security guard stations), or if the bike is very close and in sight. I currenly just put the helmet on the handle bars, but lately a number of people have asked to see my bike and I am afraid that some idiot will accidently knock the helmet off.
Thanks again for the advice, tips, and pictures.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just wanted to throw this out there, but the D-Ring isnt all the way on in this picture. It should be farther down from where it is at in this picture and fit in where the plastic is grooved out. Kinda tricky fitting it on just right. Just wanted to point it out for everyone so they dont just hook it on and potentially mess up the plastics a little.

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
I wouldn't leave my helmet on my bike man - just too many idiots out there who can cut the D-ring and take your helmet. I used to do it on my 250 but after what happened I'm not doing it anymore.
i think kelly already addressed this...but yeh. its pretty much worthless if they cut it. altho...those that steal are worthless themselves...and not that bright..soo..

but, i use my helmet hooks on occasion. generally, i'll take it with me. but if im shopping, or doing something...its "safer" on the bike.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
i think kelly already addressed this...but yeh. its pretty much worthless if they cut it. altho...those that steal are worthless themselves...and not that bright..soo..

but, i use my helmet hooks on occasion. generally, i'll take it with me. but if im shopping, or doing something...its "safer" on the bike.
Mental image of guy pushing shopping cart around supermarket in full leathers.

:Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I actually use my lock all the time. I'm not really worried about anyone taking my helmet. When I'm at work, the bike is under cover and i just leave the helmet on the lock under the cover. And when i go to school, there is a designated parking area for motorcycles and im not worried about someone hitting it there, so it works out great

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just started riding...but I woudlnt leave my Shoei on the bike. I paid too much for it to get stolen!!! It just seems too easy to steal.

·
Registered
612 Posts
racing around the isles with a helmet on...
how bout hanging off the shopping cart and dragging a knee when you go around the corners to the next isle?
It would be great to get one of your buddys in full gear..... and "RACE" around the store on those motorized shop carts... Gives a whole new name to wally World (wal-mart):Bike:

·
Registered
313 Posts
aloh said:
I just started riding...but I woudlnt leave my Shoei on the bike. I paid too much for it to get stolen!!! It just seems too easy to steal.
im the same way, although really the bike itself is pretty easy to steal too, 2 guys and a pick up truck and bam its gone

It would be great to get one of your buddys in full gear..... and "RACE" around the store on those motorized shop carts... Gives a whole new name to wally World (wal-mart):Bike:

this is starting to sound like we may have a new picture thread on our hands, 'Who can ride the most rediculous things in their riding gear'

·
Registered
523 Posts
im the same way, although really the bike itself is pretty easy to steal too, 2 guys and a pick up truck and bam its gone

this is starting to sound like we may have a new picture thread on our hands, 'Who can ride the most rediculous things in their riding gear'
We've all seen this guy:

Does it count if it doesn't "ride?" ;) He's wearing some gear and he's clearly slidin' that knee!

I'd like to see someone ride this in full gear:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts