Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Make sure if you are covering your bike you don't use a tarp or anything plastic. It doesn't allow moisture to escape and will grow mould on the bike (seen a few of these situations come into the shop). Cover it with a proper bike cover or a bed sheet if you have nothing else.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a bike with 27,000 miles on it (01 gsxr) and i never did anything like this and she still runs strong.. Wouldnt it be easier to start the bike a few times a week and take it for a little ride after warmed up? I mean around the neighborhood..

I have a 06 zx6r i just got and want to know if i should really do all that when i can start her and ride her a bit ??..

thanks, no smart ass shit please, real feedback.

·
I ♥ Cute Cats!
22,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No smart ass shit? Like suggesting people who live in climates where there are several inches of snow on the ground for 2+ months and the temperatures might stay below 0 degrees Fahrenheit for months "start the bike a few times a week and take it for a little ride"?

I think you're missing the point of winterizing. Winterizing entails you CAN'T ride the bike or even start it for months so you need to do something to store it. Did I ever winterize anything I owned when I lived in Florida or Cali? No. Do I winterize my motorcycles in Iowa? You bet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No smart ass shit? Like suggesting people who live in climates where there are several inches of snow on the ground for 2+ months and the temperatures might stay below 0 degrees Fahrenheit for months "start the bike a few times a week and take it for a little ride"?

I think you're missing the point of winterizing. Winterizing entails you CAN'T ride the bike or even start it for months so you need to do something to store it. Did I ever winterize anything I owned when I lived in Florida or Cali? No. Do I winterize my motorcycles in Iowa? You bet.
Wasnt trying to write smart ass shit. It was a legitimate question. Now I understand, Cool.

I mean it goes down to 3 degrees here but i still dont winterize..

21 - 24 of 24 Posts