Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I wire the front turnsignals to use a dual filament bulb and act as running lights and turn signals? It seems this would add a lot of visability at night, especially from the sides since I have flush mounts.[?]

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
If you use a turn signal as a running light you <b>might</> have a problem. The thing might get too hot and melt the plastic because it was not designed to be burning continuously. With that in mind it depends on the kind of flush mounts you have as to whether or not you will be able to do it. You need a two filament bulb and three wire socket like the ones that are used for brake lights. The stock turns signals are pretty easy to rig as running lights. All you do is replace the two wire socket with a three wire socket and wire the new wire to your tail light circuit. Lockhart Phillips makes flush mounts that are already rigged as running lights.

·
Registered
768 Posts
The more alabama way to do it is get a dual filament bulb type flushmount and run one of the wires up and hook it to the wire that powers your headlight. Headlight comes on and so do your running lights.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by iowazx6r

The more alabama way to do it is get a dual filament bulb type flushmount and run one of the wires up and hook it to the wire that powers your headlight. Headlight comes on and so do your running lights.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.
Oh, I love it, the "Alabama Way", now that is some funny shit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.