Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm picking up a 05 zx6r tomorrow. Pretty excited. Just thought I'd stop by and say hello. Any tips for a zx6r newb rider?

Thanks y'all, ride safe!

·
Registered
418 Posts
zx-6r

One tip. Go easy. I have an 08 6R and it is so different from my old bike ninja 650.

The 6R accelerates very quickly and shifts incredibly easily. Next thing you know you are way over the speed limit. Be careful esp on city roads.

Treat the bike with respect and you will have many hours of fun on it. But remember that she is very quick and nimble and always keep your eye on her.

Ride safe.

Louis

·
Thats how I get down baby
1,287 Posts
welcome eh...you wouldnt happen to have any maple syrup would you?

great bike you got there....just take it easy and expect the unexpected

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice to meet y'all
i'm in ottawa

and... i actually had a can of fresh maple syrup from a farm in quebec a couple weeks back. fantastic stuff. eh.

and yeah, i'm going to treat this bike with alot of respect. i don't want it killing me. it's like an angry child.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
nice to meet y'all
i'm in ottawa

and... i actually had a can of fresh maple syrup from a farm in quebec a couple weeks back. fantastic stuff. eh.

and yeah, i'm going to treat this bike with alot of respect. i don't want it killing me. it's like an angry child.
Did you just type "eh"??? I SHOULD neg rep you for that... :p

Nothing right aboot that. :Laughing rolling:

Welcome to KF. The bike you're getting is scary fast and will try to kill you at every opportunity. It's up to you to not let it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you just type "eh"??? I SHOULD neg rep you for that... :p

Nothing right aboot that. :Laughing rolling:

Welcome to KF. The bike you're getting is scary fast and will try to kill you at every opportunity. It's up to you to not let it.
scary fast eh... yeah... every opportunity eh? yeah....
i stuck the eh in to see if any of you would catch it
:D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so question...
I JUST got my 05 Zx6 636 today... rode it for a bit, and now the FI light is on.
It won't turn off. I don't have an aftermarket exhaust.
I JUST got it safetied yesterday.

And even when I turn off the bike, the FI Light is still on.
Whats wrong!?!?

I don't have an aftermarket exhaust...

PS. is there anywhere I can find the OWNERS manual? not the repair manual. The previous owner lost it... and I don't know anything about this bike.

thanks y'all

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
so question...
I JUST got my 05 Zx6 636 today... rode it for a bit, and now the FI light is on.
It won't turn off. I don't have an aftermarket exhaust.
I JUST got it safetied yesterday.

And even when I turn off the bike, the FI Light is still on.
Whats wrong!?!?

I don't have an aftermarket exhaust...

PS. is there anywhere I can find the OWNERS manual? not the repair manual. The previous owner lost it... and I don't know anything about this bike.

thanks y'all
FI light on means the computer has a trouble code set, seek dealer for diagnostics

·
Banned
193 Posts
Hey cager i'm in Ottawa also, we should go ride together. A lot of my buddies have bikes but none of them have kawis. Sent you a pm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts